3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
H
Horty Go 24.05.22 11:39 pm

Flickering terrain textures and shadows in GTA SA (Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas)

Faced such an unpleasant visual effect as flickering textures on objects (mainly landscape objects, mountainous areas) and flickering shadows. You can still put up with the shadows, but the flickering textures near the mountains bring discomfort. ATTACH VIDEO:

It all started with the fact that I accidentally demolished my old GTA SA build, which served me faithfully for years. Accordingly, what configuration, what mods, scripts, fixes were there - I don’t remember, I didn’t make backups. The only thing I can say is that I played with the Project 2dfx mod, but I didn’t set it up myself, but downloaded a ready-made ini file configuration (the version out of the box, so to speak).

After demolishing that GTA I installed the same version, it's 100% installed with the same installer. But as soon as I launched it, I immediately noticed these flickers. I don’t think I’ve gone crazy and they were there before, so I wouldn’t pay attention to them.

Now the resolution is 1920x1080x32, anti-aliasing is 3.

I tried to install different mods: CLEO 4 and higher, flickr, streammemoryfix, different fixes for the gtash, silent patch, but it was not on that gtash. I also know about a mod that replaces all LOD objects with high-quality ordinary ones, but this mod didn’t exist either, because. doing mapping and LOD objects I had standard ones. ENB, timecyc also did not stand any.

Perhaps the matter was in the ideally configured Project 2dfx, but on the Internet, which versions I didn’t download, from different resources. Everywhere there were the same settings, but I didn’t find it with a ready-made good configuration, I downloaded this mod somewhere in 2019, but I don’t remember which version and where.

And perhaps it was in the individual settings of NVIDIA Geforce for gta sa.

On the video, there is such an effect, as if two textures are superimposed on each other, hence the conflict arises, perhaps.

Please let me know if you have come across this problem and what was the solution.
0 Comments
Sort by: