3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
h
her01n19991012 25.05.22 12:01 am

Picture turns off and coolers make hellish noise after 10 hours of operation 1650

I recently noticed one strange feature - after EXACTLY 10 hours the picture is cut off, all coolers are turned on to full, and the sound is still working. At the same time, it doesn’t matter what I do - I play an old game, a novelty, I watch videos on YouTube, or I just stick on my desktop. I sinned about the fact that 1650 falls off - I did a stress test, everything works fine and does not even heat up to 80. Yes, and enivey, this happens too systematically, so I'm confused. PSU AeroCool 550W, 14 GB RAM Samsung, the rest of the configs are pickled. Windows 10, if anything, what the hell is he doing there.

8 Comments
Sort by:
h
her01n19991012 25.05.22

As for the operative, I deceived, the computer after the repair two years ago and in the same parts of the purchase of a vidyuhi, except for cleaning, did not open, there is a hell of a mixture, but the problem appeared just the other day.

Spoiler

01001000 01101001 25.05.22

her01n19991012
Such garbage can be associated with two reasons, right off the bat - nutrition and temperature.
her01n19991012 wrote:
PSU AeroCool 550W
This one here is likely to be the cause. Aercules, if you're lucky, can burn the computer at once, or can serve without question. I would start by checking it out.
1) You can see the event log, what error is thrown in Windows, if, of course, you remember the shutdown time.
2) It is possible and necessary to replace the PSU or give it for tests. Primitively take the latest versions of Aida 64, HwiNFO64 and check the voltages on the lines in the load. Also evaluate the connections, wires - melting (disconnect each cable directly and look at the contacts).
3) Also, an external examination of the motherboard and power supply unit to look for swollen capacitors, burnt parts, damage. I can say that a black screen can also be knocked out due to processor power problems.
4) Of course, the fact that they did not look into it is not good. Cleaning, prevention, condition assessment. Temperatures and overheating. But overheating, again, is accompanied by other symptoms.
You can tell what kind of where and what repairs were done. This is where the sore spot comes out.
The RAM, hardly in business here, usually knocks out an error.
her01n19991012 wrote: I
recently noticed one strange feature - after EXACTLY 10 hours the picture is cut off, all coolers start up to full
These are all symptoms, usually related directly or indirectly to nutrition. One way or another, it's worth starting with the BP. Aerkul does not boast of positive reviews in terms of reliability, stability, low noise, and in general the stuffing.

S
SonyK_2 25.05.22

her01n19991012
her01n19991012 wrote:
... after EXACTLY 10 hours the picture is cut off...
Always exactly 10 hours, or approximately this time? - if the first, look somewhere in the OS settings (or some of the programs) to see if something is installed at this time. If approximately, perhaps the problem is ...
... AeroCool 550W ...
These are relatively inexpensive PSUs (read: cheap) with a frequent lack of the necessary elements - the power supply inside may be half empty. They showed me screenshots of their PSU - in comparison with it, even my former old man FSP ATX500R (in terms of internal content) seemed very good. And where mine had some details (capacitors, etc.), there were jumpers in AeroCool - soldering two contacts on the board with an ordinary pin.
... did a stress test, everything works fine and does not even heat up to 80 ...
If the test is on the screen, then there is little time - 60,000 milliseconds is 1 minute of the test, during this period nothing really heats up (unless, of course, with cooling not really a problem). For more or less understandable results, it is advisable to test for at least 10 minutes - set 600,000 (six hundred thousand) milliseconds (add 0 in the test time setting).
So:
PS And it is desirable to update FurMark - assembly 1.10.2 (September 2012) is on the screen, the current version is here:
https://geeks3d.com/furmark/downloads/
As for the RAM ...
SPD shows that the modules are different, and from -because it is in slot #4 (PC3-10700), the rest (faster ones) also have to work at this frequency.

D
Deshang 25.05.22

her01n19991012
Here is the RAM and look, according to the description it looks like critical errors in it. With such a combined hodgepodge, it is no wonder that freezes occur.
To get started, run at least 1 full cycle of this Testmem 5, and preferably all 3
: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XBWXFLsrtALuG0Y29t7EgEYhIbQOib1z/view?usp=sharing

If at least 1 error comes out, then you need to manually adjust the timings , frequency and voltage.

01001000 01101001 25.05.22

Deshang
Errors in RAM do not lead to
her01n19991012 wrote:
after EXACTLY 10 hours the picture is cut off, all coolers are turned on full, and the sound is still working.
I have not seen this yet, how much I overclocked. If voltage, then there will be a note in the events. If timings, reboot with blue screen. I've had a feeder with exactly the same symptoms. Well, it doesn't hurt to check. Although, judging by how the author actively answers, the question is already closed.

h
her01n19991012 25.05.22

I apologize for not answering and thank you all for your help.
As for the stress test - the jamb, the screen is not the same, drove for 15 minutes, as described, there was no heating.
Logi looked - nothing out of the ordinary, except for the error close to the moment of cutting down the train, but of all the days this happened only once, so the reason was unlikely to be in this. And, surprisingly, the crash of the video adapter was also recorded only once.
I was already completely desperate, I thought that the upgrade would have to be done much earlier than I wanted, but I read that there might be a problem in the operative.
He pulled out a slow plate (as it turned out, it was also an Irbisov lol), leaving the side cover open just in case. I used the PC all day as usual, there were no problems, although I turned on the RDR (medium high, if important) closer to one o'clock, ran for about forty minutes and left Arturka and the filly to pinch the grass. Literally 20 minutes ago I turned off the computer, everything was okay. In the near future I will observe carefully, perhaps I will notice some kind of set of events that put the PC.
Thanks again everyone for the replies!

h
her01n19991012 25.05.22

As I was writing my answer, I thought about it. Recently, a neighbor has been complaining that in the evenings his light begins to flicker strongly, perhaps some kind of power surge or something like that. I didn’t notice it myself, but what the hell is not joking, the wiring in the house is from the Mesozoic era. Although the computer is connected to an uninterruptible power supply, could this also be the reason? I am a humanist, so there is zero knowledge in the current.
Of course, I understand - it's better to just take a high-quality power supply and not worry, but at the moment, you yourself understand, the task is not an easy one.

r
requiemmm 25.05.22

her01n19991012
Yes, maybe. Especially if you don’t have earth in the outlet, then the network filters don’t work for you and all the rubbish from the network climbs into the PSU directly. A neighbor comes home from work, takes a bottle of beer and turns on his strongly Chinese TV or starts drilling / sawing / sharpening something, and you go nuts. A filter that doesn't need land to work is hard to find commercially, but you can make your own and it can help. As a last resort, you can try to take a piece of ferrite from a radio receiver (its antenna, a gray rod from 20 cm to a stub the size of a finger) or a CRT TV deflection system, and wind the middle of an extension cord around it from a soft and not very thick wire, otherwise not enough to wrap. Then you turn on the computer through this extension cable, you get the most primitive and shitty, but still a filter.