3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Al_Comandante 30.05.22 11:57 pm

Why sharpen/upgrade/upgrade shields? (Elden Ring)

Since the days of Dark Souls 3, I just can’t understand why shields dot? What do they get from leveling up to +10? After all, their joke is in stats per block of damage, and not in damage. I play only through weapon skills and do not use parry, as I understand it, increasing the "physical attack" of the shield increases just the parry damage, but maybe I misunderstood something? Please explain
7 Comments
Sort by:
p
psychopad96 30.05.22

Block gain increases with sharpening. The higher the stat, the less stamina is spent per block.

R
RicoChico 30.05.22

Higher pumping - higher chance that you will not receive damage when parrying.

p
psychopad96 30.05.22

A
Al_Comandante 30.05.22

psychopad96
what does that mean? From the answer above, I realized that the higher the sharpening, the less stamina is spent on the block?

R
Ricch 30.05.22

Al_Comandante
the higher the enchantment, the less stamina is spent per block. Back in ds3, pumping shields worked like this

T
Tiberiym 30.05.22

Al_Comandante
Such statistics as "Block Gain", previously called Stability in DS, is responsible for how much stamina will be spent on each block in % ratio. Those. for example, if you get hit by a weapon without block amplification, then 100 stamina will be removed. And if you take a shield for example with 80, then 80% less stamina costs, and you will spend not 100, but 20 stamina. Shields are also improved for the reason that in ER you can bring this parameter to 100. And in this case, the block will not consume stamina.

A
Al_Comandante 30.05.22

Tiberiym
thank you so much for the detailed answer, God bless!