3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Brando9 31.05.22 12:15 am

Windows won't start after Acronis

Hello guys! There was an OS on the old shdd, I put the new shdd second, and decided to put Windows on it. I installed it, everything is fine, I downloaded the acronis disk director and decided to merge the partitions on the old disk so that it would be just for any rubbish. In Acronis, I saw that there are two main disks with a red checkmark, this is on a new disk with a valid operating system, and on an old disk. I decide to convert this section (on the old one) into a logical one for merging. Akronis writes that the operation needs a reboot, it reboots and that's it, the system does not start. As I understand it, when Windows was installed, it also wrote something to the old disk in that partition.
Question: how to convert this partition, because I can only use Acronis from under Windows?
5 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 31.05.22

Brando9
Brando9 wrote:
...how can I convert this partition, since I can only use Acronis under Windows?
It was possible to make a disk image with the program (or download a ready-made one), write it to a disc (if there is a drive), or to a USB flash drive using third-party programs (for example, WinSetupFromUSB). The disk or flash drive starts as a boot device and Disk Director works without entering the OS.

p
passportanema 31.05.22

Format the old system (delete it cleanly), reboot, then "split" the old disk as you like (unless, of course, you don't need the old system). If necessary, then in the BIOS set the startup priority to the new disk (it does not start, most likely due to the fact that the BIOS is trying to start the old disk).

y
yuriko1158 31.05.22

bootloader needs to be restored.
you will have to search on the Internet how to restore the bootloader with pictures.

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 31.05.22

Well, damn it, are you interrupting partitions with Acronis from a running Windows? Find a flash drive and write down Sagittarius.
Although it may be more convenient for AOMEI Partition Assistant.

B
Brando9 31.05.22

Thanks guys, did it!