3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Krazzq 31.05.22 12:15 am

Computer won't start

Good day. I have a problem with my computer.
My computer config:
I5 11400f
Asus prime h-510m-r Gtx
Patriot Viper 4 Blackout [PVB416G300C6K] 16 GB (2x8)
I installed the operative, the computer turns on, but the post does not go through. Although both bars are working and the connectors are also working, but the computer does not want to start with two bars.
What to do?
13 Comments
Sort by:
L
LancNoDance 31.05.22

For starters, the simplest. Pull out the entire RAM, take one, put it in the first slot. If it doesn't work, put it in the second nest. Repeat with the second RAM. It is necessary to understand whether the computer will start at all.

k
kurskiy 31.05.22

And with one bar it starts?

K
Krazzq 31.05.22

Kurskiy
Yes

k
kurskiy 31.05.22

Krazzq
At the same time, it does not matter which one is inserted into which connector? You just have to try to understand if the bar is "dead" or the connector.

K
Krazzq 31.05.22

LancNoDance
The computer works with one bar, but with two it already turns on, but does not pass the post code

K
Krazzq 31.05.22

kurskiy
Yes. Both connectors are working, the brackets too

k
kurskiy 31.05.22

Krazzq
And if the BIOS is reset to default? It might help, but to be honest, it's a strange problem, so I don't know.

K
Krazzq 31.05.22

kurskiy
I'll try now

K
Kartonkratos 31.05.22

Krazzq
Do you have four connectors or two? and then if there are four, then they need to be inserted into slots 2 and 4!

K
Kartonkratos 31.05.22

Krazzq
Just looked at the characteristics of the motherboard! then I saw that there are only two slots, while I wrote kurskiy reset the bios!

K
Krazzq 31.05.22

Did not help

K
Kartonkratos 31.05.22

Krazzq
And you inserted each opera into each slot one by one? that is, first one die in each connector, then the second as well!

S
SonyK_2 31.05.22

Krazzq
Krazzq wrote:
Both connectors are working, the brackets too
If the modules and connectors are working, try inserting the brackets one by one: first start one, check if it is detected in the BIOS / UEFI. Turn off the computer, then insert the second one, check, etc.
PSU itself has 4 identical modules and, if you insert everything at once, it does not work. You have to add one bar at a time, for 4 times the entire volume is recruited.