3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Edward56 02.06.22 10:03 pm

Launching BioShock Remastered from the EpicGames Store Launcher (BioShock)

And so the first problem that may arise for new owners of The BioShock Collection, which has just appeared in the EpicGames Store, is that the first part of the game, namely its remaster "Bioshock Remastered", simply does not start... This is exactly the option where you click the "Run" button in the launcher, and it launches, installs VisualC ++ and DirectX in parallel, and that's it, the game itself does not open, the window does not appear, and the launch stops in the launcher. When you press the "Start" button again, the game will not even start. I think this is due to the "2K Louncher" launcher, since almost all owners of 2K games both on Steam and EpicGames have problems with it, however, this launcher is hidden in EpicGames, so you don't even see it. Specifically, BioShock Remastered has the problem that this 2K Launcher does not launch the game. There is no solution yet, of course, everything just happened. And running "BioshockHD.exe" from the root of the game will not help either, the game will crash with a characteristic sound. The only way I could think of to get around this problem is to take the files: "Bioshock HD.exe"; "steam_api.cdx"; "steam_api.dll"; "steam_appid.txt" and "steam_emu.cfg" from some pirate like FitGirl or Xatab.
[Yes, yes, it's Steam files for EpicGames and exactly from pirates.] You must throw them into the root of the installed official game (each has its own) and throw them along the path "... /BioshockRemastered/Build/FinalEpic" with replacement accordingly. It would be nice to create a shortcut to the application "BioshockHD.exe" and throw it on the desktop. This is the only way you can start the game and move on to the next Russification problems. The game itself will be displayed in the EpicGames launcher but still will not start, you can only launch it from the root using the label "BioshockHD.exe". That's about it, but if someone knows a solution to this problem without using pirate skills, I have the right word, I hope you share it.
6 Comments
Sort by:
F
Fox534 02.06.22

Edward56
On the official website of 2K, you link your Epic Games account and everything starts up normally, without any crutches and dancing with a tambourine.

F
Fox534 02.06.22

Edward56
However, EpicGames runs this launcher behind the scenes so you can't even see it. Everything is very visible there. When you first start the game, an icon with the 2K logo appears on the desktop taskbar and then a notification pops up about registering on their website, after you successfully do this, you are prompted to link your Epic Games account to 2K in order to correctly launch the game and receive achievements. After binding, just enjoy the game.

E
Edward56 02.06.22

Fox534
Yes, that's the joke, that no, it's not visible, regarding the label and notification, but I'll do it now at the expense of linking the account, thanks!

E
Edward56 02.06.22

Fox534
No, it didn’t help (Well, I already went through the game itself, but the problem is tricky. And like I reinstalled the game 4 times. And it’s always the same, no notifications and tasks were also carried out, even in the task manager 2K Launcher is not displayed.

M
MaDMaH 08.07.22

Everything started without problems for me, although I had to update all the libraries starting from 2001 or 2005.

R
RavenW89 20.01.23

I managed to launch it differently (though on Bioshock 2) - I opened the folder with the BioShock2Remastered2KLauncher Launcher, and launched it directly. Then it started to update, then the binding got out in the browser. and then the game came out to run from Launcher