3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
VakVR 12.06.22 10:01 pm

Crashes when starting a new game! (Maneater)

Hi all. Has anyone encountered such a problem?
18 Comments
Sort by:
M
MIHON1209 12.06.22

VakVR
Same problem. The computer is powerful and covers the recommended ones with a vengeance. Updating the drivers helped a little, loading takes 3 seconds longer, but it still crashes early. Maybe the pirates will fix it.

k
kurskiy 12.06.22

MIHON1209
This is if they ever get hacked, and judging by the average ratings, not very popular and the fact that Denuvo breaks only Empress - this will not happen soon.

M
MIHON1209 12.06.22

EGS is giving away Maneater for free. Someone will hack

k
kurskiy 12.06.22

MIHON1209
Exactly what they give out, but not removed the protection. Completely different things.
Or do you think that none of the pirates had enough money to buy the game and start hacking? For EGS (and for Denuvo), as for the system, what a game is bought, what is received for free is the same thing, it is tied to an account and periodically checks the connection to the server.

M
MIHON1209 12.06.22

kurskiy
So now Maneater is just another "free game from EGS that I will never play"

E
EPICtWINk 12.06.22

VakVR Windows
account name must be in English

L
Legendary_FasTIK 12.06.22

You need to create a new windows user with English letters, go through the prologue and transfer the save to the main user.

A
Alex Tsoni 12.06.22

Legendary_FasTIK
and tell me in which folder the saves are located ???

V
VakVR 12.06.22

EPICtWINk
Name in English:(

S
SonyK_2 12.06.22

VakVR
VakVR wrote:
Name in English:(
For greater "reliability" the name of the computer is also better to make in English.
Spoiler For example, not Ivan-PC, but Ivan-PC.

Q
QuertX 12.06.22

Legendary_FasTIK
Thanks for the hint, it helped me (win11), there should not be Russian characters in the save path, for example "C:UsersuserAppDataLocalManeaterSavedSaveGames" is NOT correct. You need to create a new account or LITERALLY rename the user folder. How to do this google help.

K
Khorn1 12.06.22

QuertX
the game works for me, although there is a "users" folder in the path. Crashed on first run with an error. I stupidly restarted it and when choosing a save cell, I chose the second one and the game went fine. Windows 10. ran through the epic store.

S
SonyK_2 01.07.22

Khorn1
Khorn1 wrote:
...the game works, although there is a "users" folder in the path...
If you copy the address of any of the folders in the "users" as text and paste it into a notepad, you can see that instead of the Russian "users" there there will be an address like:
C:Users...
The OS itself translates "Users" into any other supported language (selected during OS installation), so that it would be easier for a user who does not know English. At the same time, the system considers them to be English. But, if you use any other language (for example, Cyrillic, hieroglyphs, etc.) when creating a profile name (including the name of the computer itself, in Russified Windows it is usually "PC"), in games where lazy developers did not foresee this, there may be problems .

u
unit games 01.07.22

this error when starting the game from the second user, what to do about it?

V
VakVR 01.07.22

Legendary_FasTIK
Thank you very much

V
VakVR 01.07.22

Unit Games
Launch Epic on this user and connect to the internet

R
Ruslan Zoloev 01.07.22

video from another game, but this one helped me too

L
LouisDirty91 16.11.22

I generally have this problem. As soon as you reach level 10, you enter the shelter and the game crashes immediately, without any error! I go into the game again, I try to load the save, the same story, crashes. I started a new game from the beginning, and again after an hour and a half of the game I get to level 10, swim in the shelter and the same story, crashes without a single error! PS The funny thing is that after the second attempt to load the save, the save data is already written not level 10, but the first)))) in general, please help, what can I do? I really liked the game, I would like to continue playing, or throw off the save where the shark is pumped up to level 11, maybe then it will work?