3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Vladm 01.07.22 01:05 am

An uncontrollable character - a glitch or is it necessary? (Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines)

Sometimes the most unpleasant thing happens, after the movement key is released, the character continues to move without reacting to external stimuli (mouse, keyboard). When you just walk around the city and this effect occurs, this does not interfere much, but if during the battle, you can safely press f12 - while the Persian is moving in a direction known only to him, the "evil ghouls" knock out half of his life, or even at all kill. Or when you need to sneak up from behind, you crawl, throw a button, and he rushes right into the back of the enemy, revealing his position... :( Tell me, is this a glitch or the author's idea, and how to deal with it? Thank you.
8 Comments
Sort by:
x
xandee 01.07.22

This is a glitch in the game :(
Personally, I fought it with quicksave-quickload. After such a reboot, the Persian is again manageable, at least it worked for me.

V
Vladm 01.07.22

It's a pity, this is practically the only factor that greatly interferes and distracts from the gameplay... :( With such a sufficiently large number of patches, none of them fix this problem... I must admit, I was hoping to get a different answer. Thank you.

x
xandee 01.07.22

Personally, this glitch was quite rare for me, of course I don’t know about you, but in principle it didn’t bother me at all. The game has enough glitches and worse (((

V
Vladm 01.07.22

It manifests itself constantly for me, and usually at the most inopportune moments ... By the way, a quick save / load does not help: a mission with bandits on the shore, I sneak behind the house, turn off the light, leave, save, wait for the guest who is about to come, and when he approaches the switch - I sneak up from the back ... At the right moment, the Persian does not stop, I can’t make a blow either, because the Persian has no reaction to my actions, he rushes straight into the bandit’s back. I boot up, try again, the same thing ... And so 6 times ... :( It seems to me that this problem has roots from iron, something she obviously doesn’t like in my computer ...

x
xandee 01.07.22

However. It looks like something is definitely wrong with you. Because there were a lot of glitches with the game, but it's ... It's just that even on the forum I have not seen that the Persian "freezes" so often, even in the original version of the game.

V
Vladm 01.07.22

Yes, that's a shame, the game, well, let's say, almost does not slow down, and the control "freezes" ... By the way, the game is licensed, patch 1.2, with translation from vampirebloodlines.ru. Comp: Sempron 2400+, 1 Gb memory, 2 Gb swap, video FX5700. Trouble and nothing more... :`( Operating system XP SP2

V
Vladm 01.07.22

Who seeks will always find! :) There is a solution to this problem! It is the following:
The problem usually arises due to gadgets for the multimedia keyboard and the like, or rather, due to the fact that the game becomes insufficient computer resources, as it turns out this is a long-known bug of the HL2 engine, that the higher the priority of the game process, the more actively it tries to eat resources and eventually begins to interfere with itself. The control freeze is treated by disabling all unnecessary garbage - say, everything that hangs in the tray (i.e., the lower right corner of the screen), and lowering the priority of the game process, for which, when the game is running, being in the main menu of the game (in this case the game should not crash) go to the desktop (alt + tab) and open a window with a list of processes (usually ctrl + shift + esc) find the vampire.exe process there, right-click on it and set the lowest priority.

N
NosovojKefir 01.07.22

Kapets what oldtota I fell for))