3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alessanro 01.07.22 11:55 am

Dynastic marriages and military alliances (Europa Universalis 4)

During the game, I got acquainted in some way with these definitions, but still questions remained unanswered. For example, he played for Lithuania, entered into a military and dynastic marriage with Denmark. For a millennium, I calmly developed the chosen nation and did not suspect that something could happen unplanned. But at one point, as I understand it, the king of Denmark died and there was a choice between my pretender to the throne and some other one. Of the allies, only one supported me, and against me there were six enemy nations. Taking into account such a case, I came to the conclusion that it is useful to make dynastic marriages only with co-religionists who are close in culture and with geographical neighbors. The same goes for military alliances. For it makes no sense to conclude a military alliance, for example, the Czech Republic and England. Even if it seems beneficial to someone, I think it would be unwise to fight your ally's opponents across half a continent. Another thing is if both allies are strong in the fleet, then their capabilities are much wider, since there is no need to “break through” through the borders of neighboring countries asking for the right of passage, going to a friend for help.
What are your thoughts on the above topic?
1 Comments
Sort by:
n
nikitaxd 01.07.22

Sometimes, too, did not understand the meaning of such unions. But, in principle, in some cases it helps. For example: I remember the Ottomans threw me into rivals, but I could not compete with his army. Therefore, I made an alliance with France, which is why the bot was afraid to touch me. But with the neighbors, I would not be in a hurry to enter into an alliance, because who knows, maybe it will weaken and it can be hamstered. It is also unprofitable with distant countries, because until they reach your possessions, your lands will be burned to the ground. Therefore, you should think before you take anyone into allies, and even more so - enter into dynastic marriages