3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
GOBEH 08.07.22 11:27 pm

Picture freezes but sound is still present

Hello everyone who came to this thread.
There was such a problem that during the game the image freezes, but the sound remains and I can control the character, no error appears. I climbed the "event viewer" and found one single problem - "Nvlddmkm video driver stopped responding and quit" error code 4101. I also want to notice that only those games that use the Direct X 11 library freeze. On 9 everything works fine. If the game is run through Vulcan or OpenGL, everything works fine too (tested in DOOM 2016). The paging file seems to be enough. Direct Play turned on, the drivers rolled back to the latest possible version that the Nvidia website allowed to find. Net Framevorc also seems to be the latest version, Visial studio is also updated to the latest. Tell,
Config:
Processor - R3 1200;
Video card - GTX 760;
Memory - 8GB DDR4 2400 Crucial;
power supply - be quiet System Power 9 600W;
motherboard - gigabyte B450M S2H.
16 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pavel Rally 19.07.22

GOBEH
I suspect Windows is dirty, close all unnecessary programs, the second option is a clean reinstallation of Windows.

01001000 01101001 19.07.22

GOBEH wrote:
Video Driver Nvlddmkm Stopped Responding and Quit
Overheating, Chip, Memory (service required). Lack of overclocking stability. Driver conflict. Driver crash for other reasons. Dig this way. You can try to limit the fps and see if it lasts longer or not.

L
Len4ik00N 19.07.22

GOBEH
The third option - the video card starts to die. If possible, then try to check it on another PC, if not, then try to "play" with the software (starting from a clean reinstallation of firewood and ending with a system reinstallation)

G
GOBEH 19.07.22

01001000 01101001
Yesterday I opened it, looked, changed the thermal paste, the temperatures became normal, but even before they were not so critical. At the same time, I want to note that the problem is observed only in games using DX11, if you play on DX9, volcano and opgl everything is fine with similar settings. It will be necessary to check the video card for memory banks, but the card holds tests calmly in the furmark. 94-95% load and 20 minutes, normal flight, the only other clue is 100% hard drive load

G
GOBEH 19.07.22

Len4ik00N I
already did a system reshuffle, and it didn't seem to help, I dug out the drivers to the minimum possible with a clean install. I will reinstall the system again after buying an SSD

G
GOBEH 19.07.22

Pavel Rally
Windows reinstalled, and it did not help. I'll try later, but after buying the ssd. As I understand it, at the moment the most effective vario is to try to lower the frequency, thereby removing the factory overclock.

G
GOBEH 19.07.22

01001000 01101001
But I don’t know about the driver conflict, I can’t even imagine what conflicts with what

P
Pavel Rally 19.07.22

GOBEH
What version of Windows? Hopefully not a crooked assembly?

G
GOBEH 19.07.22

Pavel Rally
From the Microsoft site. Download original
21h2

G
GOBEH 19.07.22

01001000 01101001
Damn, exactly, I wrote it wrong. I'll fix it right now. The description of the error is different: "The nvlddmkm driver stopped responding and was successfully restored"

G
GOBEH 19.07.22

Pavel Rally
Driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and was successfully restored"
Sorry, I mistyped the error

G
GOBEH 19.07.22

Len4ik00N
I'm sorry, I wrote the error
"nvlddmkm driver stopped responding and was successfully restored" error

L
Len4ik00N 19.07.22

GOBEH
Then it makes no sense to play reinstallations on the 10th circle. Try to find a computer on which you can check the video card. In addition to the furmark, it is desirable to load the card with other programs that can load the memory. By the way, the problem is shown constantly or not?

G
GOBEH 19.07.22

Len4ik00N
Only in games using DX11, but yesterday when I removed one memory chip I was able to play at Max settings in Forest for about 40 minutes, and although before that I could not even play 5

L
Len4ik00N 19.07.22

GOBEH
memory / processor overclocking? If yes, then it is worth testing these components (for example, in Aida, memory with memtest, percent in linX, or take other programs from the topic on overclocking on overclockers:
Spoilerhttps://forums.overclockers.ru/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=618848) ; if errors come up or there are freezes / reboots / blue screen, we remove overclocking, we test again. If the errors are gone, we try to play problem games and see if something has changed or not.
By the way, why did you decide to remove the memory bar?

G
GOBEH 19.07.22

Len4ik00N I
just started sorting through everything I suspect, although the memory stick is still under warranty, so I don't know.
Memory in memtest drove, everything is fine, but it seems to have read somewhere that memtest may not catch all errors. The processor checked in aida and everything is fine. In principle, nothing is overclocked except for the video card (factory overclocking).
I'll try to reset the frequencies of the GPU and memory of the video card.
And in general, it's normal that I write in Afterburner that the memory runs at a frequency of 3100. And in the GPU Z shows 1500-1600, and the overclocking values ​​​​exceed the readings. So I'll try it, I'll post the result