3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Pessimist_43 08.07.22 11:27 pm

Online servers Dark Souls 1 - Prepare to Die Edition (Dark Souls)

Two ways:
1. Connecting to NODEs (standard connection of the game to other players) via P2P:
- Download and run DSCM (https://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/1047/)
- In the DATA folder along the path of the installed steam games to make changes to the steam_appid.txt file. If the file does not exist, create it with notepad. The only value in the file should be "480" (no quotes, just a number). This will allow DSCM to connect Dark Souls to other players.
- run the game directly from the .exe file DARKSOULS.exe. And then run only from this .exe
When using a controller, it is necessary to disable the binding of the controller to the Spacewar game (which is now for the steam client and is launched due to the number 480 in steam_appid). To do this, you need to run the game at least once, then run steam in BigPicture mode, then Library>Spacewar>Controller Settings>Force Off.

2. Fix for connecting to a server (private), as well as creating your own private server:
- Install the Lan Network Patch for DS Ptde (SSELauncher - is a crack hack of the game)
- Use Tunngle or RAdminVPN and connect to the game network or create your own server.

I do not describe this method in detail, because the DS Ptde patch is a crack for steam. Well, being connected to the Dark Souls Vpn server for 20 hours, not a single intruder, despite the fact that the network is working, because. walked with a friend.
3 Comments
Sort by:
89233862912 08.07.22

I don't have a DATA folder, where should I put it?

P
Pessimist_43 08.07.22

89233862912 The
default DATA folder is located in the path of the installed game. It should contain the executable file DARKSOULS.exe

P
Pessimist_43 20.08.22

well, the fix itself

https://www.playground.ru/dark_souls/file/dark_souls_fiks_setevoj_igry_grafiki_i_mehaniki-1225802