3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Erick Hartman 09.07.22 12:12 am

About nutrition and performance

Hey Evrivan! Such a question - there is a laptop hp 13 aero be0004 ur https://www.dns-shop.ru/product/039ec2e9a31e2ff1/133-ultrabuk-hp-pavilion-aero-13-be0004ur-serebristyj/

When running on battery FPS in Attila benchmarks TW , CoH 2 , and indeed in other games are on average 1-2 higher, in Attilla up to 3 fps than when working from the network, what could be the reason? I watched the power supply - when working from the network, the percentage is always loaded at 100%, although with a min battery, the load is 5%, which in theory should give worse performance, but it turns out exactly the opposite

4 Comments
Sort by:
01001000 01101001 09.07.22

Erick Hartman
It is believed that when the battery is charging, there is additional heating inside the system, hence, there may be an adjustment.
Also, it is worth noting that 1-3 fps in general can be easily taken down by an error. And also, it is worth describing the testing process, when, for example, a repeated test shows better results, because the game caches data.
Erick Hartman wrote:
- when working from the network, the percentage is always loaded at 100%
- although with a min battery, the load is 5%
In general, some kind of confusion. This does not mean loading, but "Processor Power Management", there is a minimum, maximum, and there is also a system cooling policy.
You need to understand, does the processor have anything to do with this? And you have a graphics core. You should also look at graphics performance, frequencies. Monitor download.
To be honest, I don’t see anything significant here in 1-3 frames of difference. Look at temperatures.
And so, a question from the field of mysticism.

E
El_Trolo 09.07.22

Erick Hartman
+/- 1-3 fps - this is within the margin of error, don't worry.

M
Macroless 19.07.22

It is necessary to test in heavy games with high graphics, where the difference will be noticeable from the battery FPS will be 2 times lower than from the battery

M
Max P 19.07.22

Erick Hartman CPU is
always loaded at 100%
Such a CPU cannot be 100% loaded, but only its graphical part, and then only in heavy games.
I have a monoblock with very similar specifications (R 7 5700 U/Vega 8/16 GB 2x8 3200)
Here is an example of CPU/GPU load in a demanding game.
Spoiler