3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Temix 09.07.22 12:33 am

Far Cry 2 Widescreen Fix (Far Cry 2)

"Unfortunately, the new game Far Cry 2 does not support widescreen mode well. This mode is achieved by simply cropping the 4:3 aspect ratio from the top and bottom, and not expanding the field of view to the right and left. The same problem was once present in the game Bioshock.

Fortunately, There is already a fix for this by Racer_S, a member of the widescreen game forum who provided a similar patch for Bioshock at the time.

It should be noted that the fix only works in Far Cry 2 v1.00."

http://downloads.guru3d.com/-Far-Cry-2-Widescreen-Fix-download-2111.html

I didn't install it myself, so describe who will install it!

Please follow the forum rules.
Added PROPHET-911
9 Comments
Sort by:
D
DeZepTup 09.07.22

bullshit
This stupidly regulates FOV
All realism is lost - hands, pulling out all sorts of rubbish, syringes, etc. becomes strange and miserable
, I have all the rules at 1680x1050

M
Meit Deist 09.07.22

I have something on 1920x1200 that does not cut anything either from above or from below ...

A
Andrey34 09.07.22

I have a 22" monitor (16:10, 1680x1050) and everything is in order! It doesn't cut WHERE or ANYTHING!!!

J
Jagdpanther 09.07.22

In vain this fix was removed from the downloads. The game clearly cuts the top and bottom on 16:10 monitors (it cuts even more at 16:9). The largest view at 1280x1024 (5:4). Compare screenshots. Everything is known in comparison (c).

For those who use this fix: it is better to leave Y-FOV at default 1.333 (as on 5:4 monitors), and set X-FOV within 1.2. In total, we have a full vertical view + an additional horizontal one. Tested at 16:10, who has 16:9 choose your X-FOV parameter.

s
sl20070 09.07.22

damn it, just take it and find this file where the GamerProfile sef is. run and find these lines, only place 0 must be set to 1 in the same way in a crisis so that every time the game does not merge Fullscreen="1" Maximized="1" ForceWidescreen="1"

merged:
and you can also set cutoffs from the top and bottom. here, try it yourself, I just deleted the game, well, similarly, by substituting 0.1, it happens and 2 but not in all, in the same place, leveling graphics and filtering textures is something that was so lacking in the crisis

[doctor]

J
Jagdpanther 09.07.22

In order:
Fullscreen="1" - switches from windowed to full screen mode
Maximized="1" - expands the window to full screen
ForceWidescreen="1" - simply crops the image from above and below with black bars to a 16:9 aspect ratio, with nothing without adding on the sides (hello tank simulator :)
AspectRatio="0", "1", "2", "3" - does not make visible changes

In setting the cutoffs from above and below, I don’t see the point, because we need an uncropped image + supplemented from the sides, which the game engine does not want to do "in a good way" (apparently, so that widescreen players would not have the advantages of viewing in multiplayer :)
How to force the engine to do this forcibly, I wrote in a previous post (works only in single player).

Z.Y. For those who are not in the tank. To make a widescreen mode from the developers (aka cropped), just set one of the widescreen resolutions of your monitor in the game settings and that's it.
_

K
Konst_Che 09.07.22

People! Hey People! Do not downvote the post ahead of time! There are more knowledgeable people here!

K
Konst_Che 09.07.22

When I start at 16:10, nothing seems to happen at all!

v
vftor 09.07.22

Far Cry 2 - v.1.03 - on Win.XP and on Win.7 x64