3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
danila_ 09.07.22 12:33 am

Buy a house in Windhelm (The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)

There is a nasty bug with buying a house in Windhelm. And he crawls out in different ways. As a rule, after completing a series of quests to seize power by the Nords / Imperials. If you enter the city after the fateful events, then in the cemetery at night you will not find either a corpse, or guards, or onlookers ... but you should have. Here is the solution to the problem. Not quite honest, many will think, BUT in a different way in my case, for example, you can’t get a house.

1. We go to Windhelm to the manager. Provided that the quest to buy a house is taken
2. Open the console and write: "completequest ms11", then immediately "completequest ms11b". Both teams complete 2 stages of the house-related quest "Blood on the Snow"
3. Write in the console: "setstage 000A7B33 10". There is a purchase of a house (there should be an amount for the purchase in the inventory - 12000)
4. We speak with the manager about the situation at home: "Make cleaning (500 gold)". Don't buy anything else.
5. We go to the house. Here the most tedious begins - we begin the "manual" cleaning of the house from the cobwebs, left furniture, and the remnants of traces of the crime. Cleaning is as follows:
In order not to accidentally remove a part of the house (wall, ceiling, beam), be sure to look at the ID. The house-related junk ID ALWAYS starts with "000df***" where *** is any other character. To see the changes in the house (what exactly was deleted), you need to exit / enter the house. Pretty exciting I can tell you.

a) Open the console
b) Click on the item to be deleted (its ID will appear in the center of the console)
c) Write "markfordelete" in the console and press Enter
6. After cleaning, we go to the manager and buy all the rest of the furniture. Everything will appear, but the lighting in the house and the atmosphere will remain forcing.
8 Comments
Sort by:
d
danila_ 09.07.22

There is a nasty bug with buying a house in Windhelm. And he crawls out in different ways. As a rule, after completing a series of quests to seize power by the Nords / Imperials. If you enter the city after the fateful events, then in the cemetery at night you will not find either a corpse, or guards, or onlookers ... but you should have. Here is the solution to the problem. Not quite honest, many will think, BUT in a different way in my case, for example, you can’t get a house.

1. We go to Windhelm to the manager. Provided that the quest to buy a house is taken
2. Open the console and write: "completequest ms11", then immediately "completequest ms11b". Both teams complete 2 stages of the house-related quest "Blood on the Snow"
3. Write in the console: "setstage 000A7B33 10". There is a purchase of a house (there should be an amount for the purchase in the inventory - 12000)
4. We speak with the manager about the situation at home: "Make cleaning (500 gold)". Don't buy anything else.
5. We go to the house. Here the most tedious begins - we begin the "manual" cleaning of the house from the cobwebs, left furniture, and the remnants of traces of the crime. Cleaning is as follows:
In order not to accidentally remove a part of the house (wall, ceiling, beam), be sure to look at the ID. The house-related junk ID ALWAYS starts with "000df***" where *** is any other character. To see the changes in the house (what exactly was deleted), you need to exit / enter the house. Pretty exciting I can tell you.

a) Open the console
b) Click on the item to be deleted (its ID will appear in the center of the console)
c) Write "markfordelete" in the console and press Enter
6. After cleaning, we go to the manager and buy all the rest of the furniture. Everything will appear, but the lighting in the house and the atmosphere will remain forcing.

Good luck to everyone! Everything works, I checked. Add me as a friend, I will help

T
The_apathy 09.07.22

danila_
Yeah, I remember this. I had it. But I didn’t bother.

M
Madriand 09.07.22

I can't buy this house either. But if you pass for BB, then in the process of completing quests it will be possible to buy it ...

S
Shark73 09.07.22

Is there any bug fix for this quest? And then he got me interested. I would like to pass. I don't really want to install a patch.

B
Bianor 09.07.22

There are no bugs there. You just need to follow a certain sequence of actions.

S
Sergey Stanislavovich 09.07.22

I've been playing Skyrim for many years.
Now I have the SE version.
I confirm the words of Bianor. There aren't any bugs.
To complete the first part of the quest "Blood on the Snow" (ms11), you just need to run to the manager every time. Then all steps will be adequate.
My heroine has been to Windhelm several times for trade, recreation, food purchases (survival mods installed). Just didn't show up at the cemetery.
When it first appeared, the corpse was no longer there. It's not scary. He is already in the tomb.
We interrogate witnesses, we talk with the guard, we run to the manager for the status.
We communicate with the attendant of the burial, we run in the wake of blood to Hjerim, but we do not open it.
We run to the manager. He sends for the key to the mother of the deceased. Opening Hierim. We explore the situation, find leaflets and a strange amulet. We run to the manager. He advises to talk to Viola. But first we go to Calixto. His door is closed. But there is a mod "Simple knock". We persuade to let in, we talk. He hints at the court magician. We do not sell the amulet, although you can sell it and then remove it from the corpse. He's already determined. We find Viola. She also suspects this magician.
Now we run not to the manager, but to the magician and talk heart to heart. He turns out to be an honest uncle, does not practice necromancy and is a member of the college of magicians. In a conversation with him, the amulet is determined if Calixto has not been sold. It helps to calculate the time of the next kill. The truth says the next night, but you need to go to the next one. We are waiting for 12 o'clock at night, we go to the market. We are preparing weapons and waiting for the midnight woman who came to the market. We kill Calixto when he takes out a knife. We run to report to the manager. This completes the first part of the quest. The second one starts. And it is not in the list of active quests. However, console commands show the current one. The essence of this supplement is in a conversation with the father of the murdered woman, a promise to get the amulet of Arkay for his wife and the fulfillment of the promise. This concludes the second part of the quest.
Do not close ms11 and ms11b quests with console commands. You will not get the start of the Hierim purchase miniquest. If you do not want to perform them in detail, you can use console commands step by step. After completing them, the quest A7B33 will start. He will stop at a single step - 10. He needs a condition for participation in hostilities from any side. It's not obligatory. We enter the same command: setsnage A7B33 10. Only now a dialog will appear about buying from the manager. There is no need to further clean the house from trash. It's already clean, except for the necromancer's lab. We consistently buy furniture, including cleaning. And finally we run to get acquainted with the new house.

S

Question to the administrator.
In my previous message, in addition to recommendations, contains tips for passing.
I clicked on the spoiler button, but the text did not hide.
What's wrong?

S

Yes, I completely forgot. Do not forget to communicate with the guard standing at the crime scene.