3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
O
Omnia Smirnow 18.07.22 11:21 pm

Which RAM option is better

Tell me which option is better. There is a laptop, it costs 8 GB of RAM and there is still a free slot. Decided to buy extra. bar. Can't decide, take extra. for 8 GB or one for 16 GB and after a while take another 16 GB (total 32). Which link will be more optimal 8+8 or 8+16 (then 16+16).
11 Comments
Sort by:
b
bazilevs 18.07.22

As they say, there is never too much memory, the more, the better ...

O
Omnia Smirnow 18.07.22

bazilevs
Better than 16? So 8+16?

M
MunchkiN 616 26.07.22

if you take it all at once and depending on why. I would of course prefer more memory, but there the GPU should have a lot of memory. and if the GPU memory is 8 GB or less and it is weak, then I would take 8 + 8 and would register a swap file of about 32-48GB. except when I don't really need a GPU. when to stay superfluous did something not rationally listed.

S
SonyK_2 26.07.22

Omnia Smirnow
Omnia Smirnow wrote:
Better than 16? So 8+16?
If possible, immediately take 16+16. Several modules work faster - in 2 (or more) channel mode. If you don’t have enough money, you can take one bar for now (insert it together into an 8 gig one), and then buy another one, and it is desirable that the purchased bars are as similar as possible - volumes, timings (etc.).
PS Ideally, a set (the so-called "Kit") is immediately bought from the same planks. Or, as an option - just similar, even better from the same batch.

01001000 01101001 26.07.22

Omnia Smirnow
Dual channel is better to have, especially if you're a gamer. There was such a complaint, a person significantly lost FPS because of this. TAKE two identical planks.
There is another point regarding the laptop, check that it supports these 32GB of yours. Technology does not stand still, but the last laptop I PERSONALLY moved from 2014 had features of work and support.

L
Lain Rain 26.07.22

Omnia Smirnow
The most thorough review of RAM I have ever seen, it has everything related to volume, timings, and even such an interesting nuance that many people forget about as “ranks” (which can significantly differ in performance from cheap and expensive sticks of one and the same volume). The video, perhaps, will be useful to all those who are thinking about replacing the operative.

Spoiler

S
Savok179 26.07.22

Why so many? I would put two of eight and would not take a steam bath. What tasks will you use? What is the filling of the laptop? Be sure to check compatibility with the mother. There may be restrictions.

O
Omnia Smirnow 26.07.22

Savok179
Filling: Intel i5 11400H (6/12), RTX 3050, Intel M.2 - 512 GB. Used for gaming purposes.

K
Kartonkratos 26.07.22

Omnia Smirnow
In short, take another 8 GB to your 8, and everything will be enough for your system! and when your laptop stops being enough, everything will turn into a pumpkin, even though you shove 64gb into it, because your laptop doesn’t shine with special power now! and even more so in future games.

f
frendzy 26.07.22

32+32 if memory allows

H
Hellhound_Anger 26.07.22

Frendzy wrote:
32+32 if memory allows
Hehe, 32+32 pancakes to this memorable gentleman.