3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kito99 18.07.22 11:22 pm

Game freezes very frequently (Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy)

Everything works fine with rays on ultra (i5-12400f, 32 gig ram + 12 gig rtx 3060). But frequent random freezes spoil the whole impression. Reboot is constantly required. I noticed the following pattern in MSI Afterburner: RAM consumption is always constant, but when a freeze occurs, there is a sharp jump in consumption up to 22 gigabytes. Increasing the swap file to 32 gigs is useless. Memory leak? Does anyone have similar?
8 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kartonkratos 18.07.22

Kito99 It
didn't happen! I also play on ultra and tracing on ultra, dlss for quality in full hd, everything works without problems, no crashes, no freezes, no lags, it's licensed! Do you have a pirate or not? if so, there is something in it.

K
Kito99 18.07.22

Kartonkratos
Indeed, in full hd, no freezes (native resolution of the monitor). The problem was in Dynamic Super Resolution. Played with scaling up to 1440p. As soon as I turned it off, no problems. Although, unfortunately, the reduction in picture quality is very noticeable.

K
Kartonkratos 18.07.22

Kito99
In nvidia control panel make 2k resolution i.e. 2560 by 1440p and then apply it! and after that you go into the game and expose it already! If you don't know how it's done, here's a screenshot below:

K
Kito99 18.07.22

Yes, that's a good idea. Only now, a larger screen resolution than your own appears only if DSR is activated. But as described above, it causes freezes.

T
TopPCGamer 18.07.22

Kito99 wrote:
But frequent random freezes spoil the whole experience. Restart constantly required
Don't play pirate, buy a license

K
Kartonkratos 18.07.22

Kito99
Yes, no dsr is needed, I did 4k on my full hd monitor in this way! and in all games everything works like at native resolution, and if necessary, you can enable dlss or fsr if they are available in the game itself!

K
Kito99 18.07.22

Finally figured it out! The game is licensed. It was all about the aggressive downvolting of the video card. Turned up the voltage and everything works like clockwork. Passed 7 chapters in the new game + along with my favorite DSR 1.78x (which uses tensor cores) and not a single freeze. Topic closed!

K
Kartonkratos 18.07.22

Kito99
Well, it's great that everything was decided! Have a nice game :)