3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
moro1777 19.07.22 01:16 am

Rockport Airport (Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005))

Hi all. Today I accidentally stumbled upon a video about cut phrases from NSF MV 2005, here it is:
It became interesting, I decided to watch it. At 46 seconds, Miya calls the player and says that you can hide from police helicopters at the airport. Here I was very surprised. In this game, it turns out there was supposed to be an airport where you could freely travel? And later I came across another interesting video:
This is an exclusive disc bundled with the PS2 version, which contained various gameplay videos. At 26:28 timecode, we are shown a map of Rockport, and we see that there is an airport outside it to the west.

It is very strange that I had not heard any mention of him before. That is, how many videos and articles about this game I watched in all 16 years of my life, I never suspected that the developers even thought about adding an airport. And here it turns out to be ready-made, even translated phrases associated with it, and it is clearly drawn on the map.
While I was searching for information about the airport, I was texting a friend. And he said that in 2006 he was bought a disk with a bridge vanted in some stall, and apparently it was a disk with a beta version. He claimed that he had the very cut phrases in the game (the link to which I left at the very beginning), the 10th level of the chase, and so on. But the most important thing that interests us today is that he displayed the airport on the map. But he never went there :(
The disk, of course, was not preserved.
After all this, of course, I myself wanted to find this airport in the game and ride on it. I decided to download and run the demo version for ps2. But to my great regret, when I left the race and headed towards Rockport, it turned out that the map was simply cut. outside of Kemdem Beach, there is simply no road and all buildings. And I couldn’t find the beta version and alpha version of the Vanted Bridge :(
Well, I had such a question - did the developers implement this airport at all? If for 17 years after the release of the game there was not a single image of it, not a single theory ( well, at least in a day I didn’t find anything like that), and even in all sorts of wikis it is not mentioned that this airport existed at all and was cut out.
Maybe you have some information about the version and game where it was added or something else? Be sure to share, it will be interesting to read
2 Comments
Sort by:
M
Madevi 19.07.22

"And he said that in 2006 he was bought a disk with a bridge vanted in some stall, and apparently it was a disk with a beta version. He claimed that he had those very cut phrases in the game (the link to which I left in at the very beginning), level 10 of the chase, etc. But the most important thing that interests us today is that he displayed the airport on the map. But he never went there :("

He lied to you.

V
Viktoria Velichko 29.10.22

something like this

-