3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Danefalt 26.07.22 12:22 am

The sharpness of xbox360 controller stick movements

Good afternoon, not so long ago my old gamepad broke down, and I had to buy a new one. Came, works fine, but there is only one problem: jerky movements of the sticks. And if specifically, then two problems: in the center there is no sensitivity at all, it reads the movement only halfway to the edge; as well as the fact that during circular movements it "sticks" at 8 points. In fairness, I will say that the new gamepad is not original, but a copy.
Here are the stick movement tests:
Steam:

xbox360ce (left stick, the problem is relevant for both):

And this is how the old gamepad behaves, it is already original, it came with the xbox360 itself:
Steam:

xbox360ce (right stick, left drift):

Is there a way to fix the problem, and how? Programs? Climb inside the gamepad and work with the stick itself?

PS Do not pay attention to dead zones, the problem was without them.
6 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pavel Rally 26.07.22

Danefalt Gamepad
full name and photo!

D
Danefalt 26.07.22

Pavel Rally
https://www.ozon.ru/products/541471024

y
yuriko1158 26.07.22

Danefalt Did you
update the gamepad firmware? or is there no such thing on the box 360?
it's just that on xbox one s every time you need to update the firmware of the pad when the console receives critical updates. otherwise the pad will behave incorrectly. it seems to work, but anomalies appear in the behavior of the buttons and sticks.

D
Danefalt 26.07.22

yuriko1158
I don't really understand the topic of consoles, but it seems that there is no such garbage with the xbox 360. I think someone will fix it.

S
SonyK_2 26.07.22

Danefalt
Danefalt wrote:
...jerky stick movements... the gamepad is not original, but a copy.
Perhaps the problem is because of this, I didn’t notice this on my company one (bought in 2008).

yuriko1158
yuriko1158 wrote:
... did you update the gamepad firmware? or is there no such thing on box 360? ...
I don’t know how with drivers and "firmware" in newer windows, but on 7-ke before using I installed only Xbox 360 Accessory 1.2, nothing else was required:
Spoiler

y
yuriko1158 26.07.22

Danefalt
Yes, what does the topic about consoles have to do with it?
you have a box 360, go to the settings, devices. find the calibration / pad settings in the console settings.
if there is no such thing, then you will have to change the sticks. it takes 20-30 minutes ...