3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
q
queenessy 26.07.22 01:03 am

Freezing on the first cut-scene (Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag)

System: 6700XT, i5 11400F, 16GB 3200 16-18-18 game on SSD 2.m.

The toy is old, I decided to play, the essence of the problem: I launch a new save, and when the cut-scene starts where "Ubisoft presents ..." After that, at different points, the game just freezes dead (Writes that the driver recall time has been exceeded), and you only have to close the game through the dispatcher (no other way). The latest drivers (22.6.1) tried the old ones, it does

n't help. (THE PROBLEM ONLY IN THIS GAME)

Who if faced with such a problem on new PCs, unsubscribe, what helped, thanks.
Spoiler
9 Comments
Sort by:
A
Arevac 26.07.22

Queenessy
Try setting the shadows to High. if you put soft shadows / soft shadows, then I also freeze, but only in the game itself.

A
Arevac 26.07.22

SonyK_2
PhysX is in the settings only for owners of NVidia cards, no?

S
SonyK_2 26.07.22

Arevac
Arevac wrote:
Only NVidia card owners have PhysX in their settings, no?
Not sure, that's why I asked.
PS2 a generation ago I had a Radeon HD4850. As far as I remember, Mirror's Edge (2008) lagged because of the enabled (by default) in the PhysX settings. When I turned it off, it passed, but the fact that the game was launched with PhysX on an AMD card that did not support it is interesting - apparently the developers did not take this moment into account.

D
Denis Kyokushin 26.07.22

Queenessy
Had the same hat. Do not touch the graphics settings before starting the game, let them be by default. I had a ride

with SonyK_2
Black Flag - one of the few games where the PhysX option "disappears" on AMD cards
Spoiler

q
queenessy 26.07.22

Denis Kyokushin
did NOT touch, immediately set everything to Ultra - it does not help.
SonyK_2
There is no such setting on AMD, I tried changing shadows - it does not help.

q
queenessy 26.07.22

In general, it helped to load the introductory video by lowering everything possible to low settings, but as soon as the video ended, I put everything back on ultra and the screen hung again, I had to close it again through the "logout"

Because of what setting could such a hat be? at low levels it is not planned to pass))

I found the cause of the problem. this is SOFT shadows, turned on all the other settings everything is fine, turned on soft shadows right away, knows whoever AMD does not pull them or what could be the problem with soft shadows, do they work great in other games?

A
Arevac 26.07.22

Queenessy
I wrote to you about them...
It's just a crooked port from consoles, and you can also see that the game does not rise above ~63 fps. No matter how cool iron you use.
And if you speak English, then look Helps to solve some problems.

S
SonyK_2 26.07.22

Arevac
Arevac wrote:
...the game does not rise above ~63 fps. No matter how cool iron you use.
In some games there is a "lock" for the number of frames, yubiks quite often "sin" like this. When I played the remaster of the 3rd Assassin, there was also a limit of 63 fps ... Spoiler
, although it was not in the original:
Spoiler
f/s:
Spoiler

q
queenessy 26.07.22

Arevac
Yes, according to you, I immediately checked the shadows, and the topic turned out to be in them, thanks for the help.