3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
f
fruitful l 26.07.22 01:03 am

Drop in power consumption of the video card in games

Hello everyone, I’ll say right away that I don’t understand power consumption and my question may be naive
I PLAY ON A LAPTOP.
Let's take cyberpunk as an example. When playing at any settings, power consumption jumps in the range of 65-75W. Loading also fluctuates between 96 and 98%, peak frequencies, temperatures are slightly lower than when playing other games. In a less demanding r6 siege game, the video card produces the declared 80-85W and is loaded by 99%. In Furmark, these figures differ only in that the EP rises to 85-87W. Is this due to the cyberpunk complexity of the graphics card or some conflict between drivers and other software? And is it even normal?

Msi bravo 15 a4ddr
16Gb RAM
Ryzen 7 4800H 2900-4100Mhz
Radeon rx5500M 1650Mhz 85W
7 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kartonkratos 26.07.22

Fruitful-l
Everything is fine! I also have power consumption in cyberpunk a little less than in other games, where it shows less by 10-15 watts, and with dlss it consumes 40-55 watts less in general! graphics card rtx 2070 super.

K
Kartonkratos 26.07.22

Fruitful-l
And you did not include fsr? it just might be and for him the consumption is also getting lower!

f
fruitful l 26.07.22

Kartonkratos
Thanks for the answer, yes included a mod for the second version.

f
fruitful l 26.07.22

Kartonkratos
I'm new on the site, do I need to close this thread somehow? :/

K
Kartonkratos 26.07.22

Fruitful-l
Well, if even without fsr or dlss it consumes a little less than other games, then with these upscales it will naturally consume even less!

K
Kartonkratos 26.07.22

Fruitful-l
There's nothing to do, it's here forever! or if the admins themselves do not want to do it.

A
Aleseyko 01.08.22

Fruitful-l
Don't worry, this is a normal topic for CP and in general from game to game. You can still turn on FSR - it will consume less) at least it should, I checked it on my 6600m Radenok