3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
NikitaBorisov 26.07.22 01:13 am

Resolving Mouse Sensitivity Problem (Wanted: Weapons of Fate)

There is no sensible solution to the problem with the mouse on the Internet. In humans, the mouse sensitivity is either too high or too low (I had a low one).

I read that setting the minimum resolution and high hertz helps. So, this is complete nonsense. Who wants to play at 800x600 75hz with minimal help in solving a problem?

Feel free to change the resolution according to your monitor. The path on win 10 is C:Usersyour usernameAppDataLocalwanteddatasettings. There is a file renderer_settings. Open it with notepad and change the value to your screen resolution (mine is 1920x1080).
AppData is a hidden file, so you have to knock it out manually, as a rule.

Since the game is old, even the in-game framerate limit will be shocked about the power of your PC.
I had this problem in Mafia The City of Lost Heaven. The game has a 60 frame limiter. Even so, the game managed to give out under 75 - which gave out wild lags.

I'm not a computer expert, but what about sensitivity in Wanted, what lags in Mafia, and in general, almost all problems in old games are FPS.

Download the RivaTuner program, choose .exe games, and set the fps for the application yourself.
I have a 60hz monitor. I set the limiter to 60 frames. In the same place, just in case, you can install scanline sync at 60.
If you have a 120Hz or 144Hz monitor or more, then set it according to your characteristics.
But even 120 for old games can be shitty, so experiment. 120 does not work - cut in 60, even if 60 is too much for the game - 30, or even 25. Quite playable for old toys.

So, as I set framerate limit - 60 and scanline sync - 60 in Wanted in RivaTuner, the problem with mouse sensitivity disappeared instantly. And everything else is decided already in the in-game settings.
8 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lunat1ni 20.01.23

Can you give more details....

E
Evil in the flash 20.01.23

Lunat1ni
Much more, and so everything is painted.

G
Guest 23.03.23

Awesome. Than you so much. It works!

G
Guest 23.03.23

G
Guest 23.03.23

G
Guest 23.03.23