3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
y
yoorich 01.08.22 11:22 pm

Nutrition problem?

Recently, the power supply began to produce more voltage through 3.3V. When you start something other than a browser and explorer, the computer is cut off with an error (translated into Russian) Asus Anti-Surge was called and shut down the computer in order to protect against unstable power. Is this a reason to change the PSU? Or can it be solved in some other way?

8 Comments
Sort by:
E
Evil in the flash 01.08.22

H.z. Well, in general, you have the maximum allowable voltage, unless of course the sensors do not lie.

E

What kind of block do you have?

y
yoorich 01.08.22

Evil in the flash
Old, LogicPower ATX-500NF

P
Pirat13666 01.08.22

yoorich
If BP burns down, all iron probably will be covered.
I recommend Seasonic Prime Gold 1300W. It has established itself as a very reliable and stable power supply.

E

Pirat13666
Dude, don't rofly :)

y
yoorich 01.08.22

Evil in the flash
So what do you say about my problem?

L
Len4ik00N 01.08.22

yoorich
To be sure that the problem is with the power supply, of course, it is better to measure the voltage with a multimeter, but, IMHO, in your case, I would start choosing a new power supply - several signs at once indicate that the current one may soon "die".
Z.s. The info above (that bp can "take the rest of the computer with it") is not rofl, but it really happens. So it’s better not to delay solving the problem, or at least not use the computer until that moment.

S
SonyK_2 01.08.22

yoorich
yoorich wrote:
...tell me about my problem?
As the owner of a motherboard from the same manufacturer, with a similar function in UEFI (but it was disabled by default, I turned it on myself) and an old PSU, from my experience I will say - if the voltage jumps, and the PSU is old (my 500-quilted jacket worked for more than 9.5 years until it gave an error on the 12 Volt line), it is better not to experiment, especially if you yourself cannot determine the problem.
yoorich wrote:
Old, LogicPower ATX-500NF
Len4ik00N wrote:
... at least not use a computer until then
Or use it, but be careful. If the CPU has a built-in, remove the vidyuhi (or use a "plug" instead of it) and turn off all unnecessary, consuming a lot. All disks except the system one, drives (if any), decorations (backlight, etc.). But there is a possibility of losing something - my first SSD, relatively cheap and small in volume (after working for 5 years), during such an "experiment" lost the "remaining resource" from 93% to 1%, then I had to use it only as a temporary hut, until completely not "died" after ~7 months.
Spoiler
PS It is advisable not to load the system to the fullest - do not play something "heavy", etc. For example, my SSD "grunted" while playing Fallout 76 on the 2nd config from the profile (with Athlone). After that, I had to take a new PSU.