3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
z
zjkjt 20.08.22 08:52 pm

Bad sectors of the hard drive

Tell me, did the disk go to another world, or can it be rehabilitated?

8 Comments
Sort by:
T
Thief Pirate 20.08.22

If it does not have the necessary information on it, then to the dump.

01001000 01101001 20.08.22

zjkjt
He worked for you only 2 years. What are seven years? Hours - 17948. This is very small.
Look at the SATA cable. Replace. Here I am not sure about the advice, but swing Victoria 5.37, look. But of course it is not even normally defined. This is the problem.
But there are 6500 inclusions. Strongly of course. 2 inclusions per day or what?

S
SonyK_2 20.08.22

zjkjt
zjkjt wrote:
...disk gone to another world, or can be rehabilitated?
Try to drive away Victoria (if it is determined in it), with the repair of damaged sectors (full scan).
Spoilerhttps://hdd.by/victoria/

01001000 01101001
01001000 01101001 wrote:
... 6500 inclusions ... 2 inclusions per day or what?
If there is more than one disk (and judging by the screenshots it is), and in the power settings it is not changed to turn it off after a certain time (it is by default) ...
Spoiler
..., maybe more, depending on how it is used:
Spoiler

SonyK_2
Yes, exactly, thanks. I forgot about this crazy power setting, every time it cuts off and overclocks this disk when it is accessed. Always zeroed.
46600 hours, that's more adequate. 60-80 thousand, probably, it’s normal to plow pudets for a disk.

I thought the same thing, Victoria, drive him away and sew up these sectors. But if it continues to crumble, yes to the landfill. However, it still needs to be seen. Yes, there are problems with this.

S
SonyK_2 20.08.22

zjkjt
zjkjt wrote:
...apparently everything is very bad
Depends on the disk and its technical condition. If not "died" at all, the program may be able to reassign the sectors. The procedure can take quite a long time.
PS I was able to restore my HDD (purchased in 2010, on the screen in the post above), but there were several "broken" sectors - I don't remember exactly, I did remapping a long time ago.

z
zjkjt 20.08.22

SonyK_2
In my case, what is the situation, it is being treated, does it make sense to continue to drive the scan? What does R stand for? Broken bad sector

zjkjt
Everything is googled, friend:
Blue with a cross "Err X" - reading causes a crash. The information on them cannot be recovered. Such sectors need to be re-partitioned so that the HDD does not use them during operation. This is done by using the "Remap" function, which we'll talk about next.
There are really a lot of them. If there is a lot, then yes, it is pouring actively. Change disk.

S
SonyK_2 20.08.22

zjkjt
zjkjt wrote:
...does it make sense to run the scan further?...
If you want to try to restore (it's not a pity for the time), it's better to scan to the end - bad sectors can be found anywhere on the disk surface.
...What does R mean?...
Most likely "Remap" - reassigned sectors. But not the fact that it will turn out, there are a lot of entries in the log like: "LBA... Attempt to reassign... Error".