3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
TrueWeea6o0 20.08.22 10:01 pm

Storm brothers? Or Empire?

On the one hand, the empire accepted a humiliating peace treaty in which the worship of Talos was banned, but on the other hand, the book "The Delusion of Talos" says that a person cannot be a god (and this is indicated by the fact that when you pray on his altar - the effect of reducing cooldown scream is 0%.) But there is another version. Ulfric killed the High King with a cry in a "fair" fight (as the book "Nords Arise" says, as well as the celik who was executed in Solitude). But I'm not sure that such a weak cry could kill the "High King" that all the Jarls chose. You can come to Ulfric, hit him and he will shout at you with a thuum (hmm, he won’t leave much) It turns out that Ulfric could have killed the king on rats. But if Talos is still a god? Then you have to side with the Stormcloaks. But so far I have found no reason to consider Talos a god, his altar is proof of this (effect 0%). Tell me your opinion, where is the best place to join? And are my assumptions correct? (there is still, of course, the Thalmor dossier, but it says that the victory of either side is not profitable, so I did not take it into account). Still, of course, I want to enter there - where there will be an opportunity to get a unique item of some kind. (Skyrim didn’t go through, I don’t know where the unique items are, but I got on the plot where you need to choose a side and the Greybeards will make peace)
2 Comments
Sort by:
A
Andrei YP 20.08.22

TrueWeea6o0
There is a plot, and there are game conventions. So you should listen to the call of your heart and choose the side that you like best. Personally, I think Ulfric and his bunch of followers are fools, they chose a very bad time for their coup. This whole treaty with the elves has only a symbolic meaning, and after some time the elves will attack again without giving a damn about the treaty. It would be easier for them to capture each breakaway province individually than the whole Empire. On the contrary, we must unite and gain strength before a new war begins. So the uprising of the overwhelmed lads does not bring any benefit to either Skyrim or the Empire. Take the same General Tulia - his opinion about the elves is quite eloquent. And after the suppression of Ulfric's uprising, he tells the main character that the Empire should not be relaxed, the war with the elves will soon begin. The ban on the worship of Talos, the Empire only pretends to comply. The representatives of the authorities do not help the Elven justiciars much, but also only pretend. In any case, when compared with real history, the split of large states and empires has never brought anything good for the inhabitants of these states, with the exception of a minority.
Well, as for the cry of Ulfric, this is a game convention. So if you think about it, then you can almost at the beginning of the game come to Ulfric and bang him alone, the only thing that prevents him is that he is immortal (until according to the plot he cannot be killed).
So choose the side that you like best. Or there seems to be another third option - the conclusion of a truce, for this it is necessary not to interfere in the civil war and then the corresponding quest will appear.

J
Jotun Ysgramor 20.08.22

Empire.