3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Play for meiiiiiiiiiiii 20.08.22 11:54 pm

What is up there - Vitaliy\'v1lat\' with Volochay..

Failed to buy the rights to "PGL Dota 2 Major Arlington 2022" for coverage in Russian.

Vitaliy 'v1lat' Volochay
" I see a bunch of esports and media rights experts have come out in the information field. To help them not carry full game, I'll tell you how things are going on at the expense of PGL Dota 2 Major Arlington 2022.

Maincast owns the rights to ESL tournaments and Dreamhack until 2027, we also partnered with BTS and Perfect World, so all DPC seasons were on our channels.

The major is hosted by PGL and they sold the rights to it in different languages. We participated in the tender, but the amount offered by one of the Russian business and economic studios is absolutely surreal (about 2.5 times more than the market price), so we withdrew from the tender. There is no point in paying a lot of money for Dota tournaments now, this is not a CS, which has clear rules for distributing content, the interest of sponsors, and so on. In terms of economics, CS tournaments are 5-10 times more interesting and more expensive and more attractive than Dota tournaments. Therefore, we will not broadcast the major in Russian, we will use this time so that the talents can finally rest after the marathon of almost 8 months of non-stop broadcasts."
2 Comments
Sort by:
P
Play for meiiiiiiiiiiii 20.08.22

Vitaliy v1lat Volochay
"Here I am writing in Ukrainian so that the Russians do not understand. And Maincast comments in Russian, too, so that no one else can. And you, our little Ukrainianophobes, will still watch the Ukrainian studio, because you do not there will be no choice.

I comment in Ukrainian - come and see. And in Russian we will comment at least until 2027, so that Russian studios die once and for all.

So you will come and watch. Consider yourself my free bitch.

/////////////////////////////

killed Russian esports, check...