3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
q
queenessy 21.08.22 11:01 pm

HD textures are not installed

The problem is that I do not understand how to put HD textures, The game says (Ultra textures will differ from high only when installing the add-on "Middle-earth shadow of war high resolution texture pack")

I put this dlc, loaded it, in the library it is shown that it is installed, but in the game, when the "ultra" setting is set, the "!" sign does not disappear. How to understand that HD textures have been installed? in appearance they are identical to the "high" I understand. when you put DLS and put "ultra" should the exclamation icon disappear or what? Help who knows.

Game license
Spoiler
Spoiler
6 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 21.08.22

Queenessy
Queenessy wrote:
... it shows that it is installed, but in the game, when the "ultra" setting is set, the "!" sign does not disappear How to understand that HD textures are installed?
In some games, in order for other graphics settings to work (most often just textures), after selecting them in the settings and confirming, a restart is required (although this is not always reported). After restarting the game, HD textures do not work?

q
queenessy 21.08.22

SonyK_2
Well, I honestly don’t understand how to understand whether they work or not, because the sign does not differ from the high ones! does not disappear .... how to understand that they are ultra)))

S
SonyK_2 21.08.22

Queenessy
Queenessy wrote:
...I honestly don't understand how they work or not...
If, after turning on HD textures in the settings (assuming they are exactly set) and completely restarting the game (exiting to the main menu may not help), nothing changes - it means they don't work.
...how to understand that they are ultras...
If they were never seen in the game itself, it is difficult to understand. Either "pick" the folder with the game and see if the necessary files are there, or watch a video where someone plays with textures at maximum settings and compare with your own.
PS At the same time, it is desirable that the resolution of the video being viewed is not less - the same YouTube can pinch it many times, especially at low resolutions. For example, my 1600*900 with a bitrate of ~ 100 Mbps usually compresses to 1280*720 with a compression of ~ 30 - 35 times.

q
queenessy 21.08.22

SonyK_2
I checked the texture files in the folder, and even reinstalled them, in the game when you change from high to ultra and vice versa, the textures in the game are loaded, but in appearance I can’t determine how they differ ... Well, the exclamation mark next to "ultra" doesn’t leave, or he shouldn’t leave ... it’s not clear in general and in general)

S
SonyK_2 21.08.22

Queenessy
Queenessy wrote:
...the exclamation mark next to "ultra" doesn't go away, or it shouldn't go away...
See how others play at maximum settings with HD textures turned on so that all graphic settings are shown on the video. If everything works for them and there is no exclamation mark, you have a problem.

N
NikulVitaly 26.01.23

Queenessy
Hello friend! My exclamation mark disappeared when I played pirates, the tekturki changed, now I play officially steam, I can’t put it either, now the exclamation mark is not removed, please help! How did you solve this problem? Thank you in advance!