3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
Constant1ne 03.09.22 10:11 pm

Question for the connoisseurs. Connecting the monitor via DP1.4 cable via

The problem is the following, I have a LG 27gl83a gaming monitor. Supports 2k resolution at 144 hertz. When connecting a DP cable from the monitor to the video card, the system does not see a desktop resolution higher than fullHD. That is, she does not see the native resolution of the monitor. Changing ports on the video card does not work.
Replacing the DP cable with another, better one, also does not work. If I connect via HDMI cable, then the system sees my monitor's native resolution, but cuts the monitor's refresh rate.
Through the Custom Resolution Utility, I managed to force the 2k resolution to 144Hz via the DP cable. Reinstalling drivers doesn't help either. Has anyone ever had similar problems?
Computer brief specification i7 12700kf, DDR5 32GB Ram, 3080Ti, Win 10 license.
6 Comments
Sort by:
C
Constant1ne 03.09.22

I also went into the settings of the video adapter, the result is the same - there is no resolution higher than 1920-1080 via DP 1.4 cable.

C
Constant1ne 03.09.22

Everything works fine through the Custom Resolution Utility. Games define native resolution and hertz. GSync also works well. I'm scratching my head and don't understand what the problem is. In DNS, the owners of the same monitor did not encounter similar problems.

E
Evil in the flash 03.09.22

Googled it. Quite a common problem, identical to yours. But I did not find any general solution. Is there a manufacturer's driver for the monitor?

B
Beirut 03.09.22

Constant1ne
drivers are on the monitors?
https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-27GL83A-B.AUS
PS By the way, I don’t give a fuck about you, you buy super expensive pieces of iron, but you go to some non-name forums with questions ?? What's wrong with you????
from whom you bought from that and ask YOU PAID FOR THIS !!!!!!!! such thoughts did not visit you?

C
Constant1ne 03.09.22

Beirut
Firstly, in order to go somewhere, you need to understand the reason for the problem. It can also be at the program level, and secondly, what kind of ambition comes from you?

C
Constant1ne 03.09.22

Evil in the flash
Yes.