3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
J
Just Name 03.09.22 10:32 pm

Artifacts on RTX 3080 via HDMI

Hello everyone, a question for experts, tell me please;
I purchased an msi ventus rtx 3080 12gb card and a 750w power supply.
The system unit itself is very old (I will update) i7 4790 .16gb RAM.
At first there was no joy, because I thought that there would be wild drawdowns from the old processor, but the fps is acceptable. I connected it to the TV via HDMI 2.0 and then the fun began ..
The first three days everything was fine. spider man.rainbow six. everything went well in 4k.
But yesterday I went into the game Red dead redemtion 2 and when I changed the settings, artifacts appeared (multi-colored flickering vertical stripes) for 5 seconds. MSI afterburner was turned on and the temperatures were normal gpu 72 degrees percent about 60, which is the norm for this iron in 4k. I left the game and went to Spider man and when HDR was turned on, the same artifacts appeared for 5 seconds and then everything returned to normal again, then I played for an hour without flickering.
Today I went into RDR 2 and played for 2 hours on purpose, ran v4k on ultra without artifacts, twisted a bagel in Furmark and Heaven Benchmark 4.0, temperature 75, the ceiling keeps without artifacts the same ..?
I also noticed that even with a high FPS (more than 60), games sometimes work like jerks, the FPS is normal and the picture is slightly laggy.
Immediately I will say all the firewood was updated with a clean installation.
Question: Could there be artifacts due to poor HDMI cable quality? Or is it more likely the video card? But then why does she pass the tests normally?
11 Comments
Sort by:
B
Beirut 03.09.22

Problems only on TV? what's on the monitor? MB do you take the response on TV for artifacts?
also where does the video signal and the problems of the character's keys?
Here you can write a wall of text, what could be the problem from the cable to the blade of the chip, or conflicting settings of the game, software, you can only understand by the method of elimination
. It's also time to forget that having bought an expensive piece of hardware, everything will fly. If you want to play and have nothing to play, buy a console
. Heard a lot of haung's tales, well then get used to downloading the game not to play, but to crawl in the internet in search of a solution to one or another problem.

T
Thief Pirate 03.09.22

New or used?

J
Just Name 03.09.22

Thief Pirate
New.
Beirut
There are no problems on the monitor. TV response can appear as multi-colored flickering vertical stripes?

Beirut wrote:
also what does the video signal and character key problems have to do with it?
So I myself don’t understand why the character walks through another cord with off. The main problem is the artifacts that appeared for 5 seconds yesterday.

X
X_ray_83 03.09.22

Just-Name
Spider man and when HDR was turned on, the same artifacts appeared for 5 seconds and then everything returned to normal again.
So it drives HDR, it works crookedly in Windows 10!
Could there be artifacts due to the poor quality of the HDMI cable?
Connect via Displayport!

B
Beirut 03.09.22

Just-Name
, well, TV is not a monitor and the signal with decoding is different
if there are no more artifacts, just forget it, watch the temperature (display FPS + GPU temp of the card so as not to clutter up)
again, for example, I always set the speed in games with my hands, I don’t have much noise worries, but the wired cooler spin-up curve does not suit me
. Also, in games, changing graphics is not just an enter press, but you need to completely exit the game in 99%
Well, about the sync. and the keys fall off, here you need to look at what settings are in the firewood and if there is a conflict,
it may help exc. one processor core, etc.
Just remember, games are console ports with a lot of problems, the same RDR 2 your problem on reddit gives a lot of advice
like bran usb or relog, etc.
https://www.reddit.com/r/RDR2/comments/a2y7es/help_my_player_is_frozen_he_wont_move_the_lawmen/
or
https://www.reddit.com/r/RDR2/comments/izase7/cant_move_author/
there are a lot of threads like this

J
Just Name 03.09.22

X_ray_83
Beirut
thank you for the answers, I did not reassure me much about the artifacts, otherwise on the next forum they already send me to carry me back to the store ... Although I have already run Superposition Benchmark and Furmark and Heaven Benchmark 4.0 all possible tests, and so far for the whole day tests and games no longer met artifacts, I hope it was some kind of software failure ...

P
Palych Rokov 03.09.22

X_ray_83 wrote:
So it drives HDR it works crookedly in Windows 10!
sheer stupidity
Just-Name
When you connect a monitor and a TV at the same time, do not duplicate them in the screen settings in Windows, choose the type of display only on the monitor, or only on the TV, when you use one or the other, there may still be a cant in this

J
Just Name 03.09.22

SR388 wrote:
Therefore, if you bought it in a normal store, and not on Alik,
Bought it in a store, but the problem is that I have been trying to recreate those same artifacts for 2 days and I can’t, turn hdr on and off, change settings in games up to insane ultra with maxim smoothed in 4k, I run tests, but the artifacts have not reappeared yet, for myself I decided to see them again and take them to the store right away ...
SR388 wrote:
How much does your processor load such a video card? I myself have an i7-4790k and I'm thinking of getting myself a 3070, but I'm not sure that this percentage will be able to load such a video card to the fullest.
Oh, my i 4790 (without k) can’t load at full 3080 at all, the bottleneck is clearly visible, but the FPS in some games still pleases the same RDR 2 in 4k at ultras below 60 frames does not drop, on my old gtx 1070 it was about 15 frames in 4k xD ... it depends on the specific game yet. (god of war/ dying light 2/ rainbow six / ghost recon/apex/ valorant/Guardians of the Galaxy) in 4k all games run at 60+ frames, but suppose spider man there are not pleasant drawdowns from 100 to 55 frames.. Although on YouTube, people with new processors do not fall below 75 at all. And in general, fps and frametime with new processors are much better for people than for me.
here, look at the video.
Spoiler
But you still have i7-4790k in any case will work better. That's just how it seems to me the problem of 3070 in 8 GB of memory (watch dogs legion / cyberpank and rdr 2) on ultras in 4k is already eating more than 8 GB. That is why I didn’t take the 3070, but took the 3080 for 12 GB because I was afraid that in new games in the near future 3070 with 8 GB could turn into a pumpkin (but this is my personal opinion, although some bloggers on YouTube say the same thing. xs maybe just marketing , there are still rumors that the rtx 40 series will already be at least 12 GB) but these are all rumors, in any case, you decide;)

B
Beirut 03.09.22

SR388 wrote:
at the very i7-4790k and I'm thinking of getting myself a 3070, but I'm not sure that this percentage will be able to load such a video to the fullest.
What's the problem? are you guaranteed to get your 60 fps up to 2k
4k resolution? So again, look at YouTube again?
there, and 12900k does not export stable 60fps, and it’s overclocked into the trash

and I repeat, it’s not even in the hardware, the process of creating the game itself is not sharpened for a PC
dviglo for the console, then some studio makes a port (essentially emulate)
+ they still need to wind up all sorts of junk like rtx the
result is predictable
, as for me it’s stupid to compensate for the curvature of the developers’ hands with expensive iron

T
TopPCGamer 03.09.22

Beirut wrote:
am and 12900k do not export stable 60fps and the overclocked
processor does not affect the resolution in the trash, in DL2 the focus is always on vidyashka even on medium processors under the console, then some kind of studio makes a port (essentially emulate) What kind of nonsense is the worst? What you are talking about is somewhat fair about the ports of games from Sony to the PC, and as practice shows in principle, the ports of God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn are made quite well, albeit not immediately, but they have been brought to mind with patches. The same projects that are originally multi-platform are released by different development teams

B
Beirut 03.09.22

TopPCGamer
how I love noobs))
God of War? Horizon Zero Dawn?
PS4 game, 2013 console (I don't know if I should write more?)
No problems with PC release?? hahahahahaha
Yes, in theory, they should not be from the word at all 2013 vs 2022!!!! what about in practice?
the same year of war a bunch of players could not even run, why?
but because some Indian who was involved in the port of the game screwed api dx12, but why ???
A HZ SHOBY WAS!!! stylish and youthful)))) and this is not a joke!!!!
TopPCGamer wrote:
the processor does not affect the resolution, in DL2 the focus is always on vidyashka even on medium processors
complete nonsense, there is no such thing as whether it affects or not, BUT there is a concept that a team of programmers can or cannot write code for a PC !!!!
smart enough to google other games? dl2 is just an example of ONE OF..........

TopPCGamer wrote:
The same projects that are originally multi-platform are released by different development teams
What kind of fairy tales?? I play bayonet2 and zelda on emule in 4k))) + mega presets, etc.
Oh, it's not a multi-platform? what about the emulator? From pirate fans BUT WITH STRAIGHT HANDS!!!!
This is an ideal example when the code is written specifically for the PC and even on a bucket the player will get 60 fps +