3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Evil Resident 03.09.22 10:32 pm

Crossbow nerfed? Explain to a newbie

In all the reviews of ranged weapons that I came across, they talked about some kind of monstrous power of crossbow damage. Since small arms were not brought into the sequel, and I am not a fan of swinging clubs and bows do not shine too much with damage, of course, all my forces were first of all thrown into hunting for this miracle, but having received it, I saw a miserable 171 points of damage, although I'm already level 5 and all gear with an emphasis on damage from small arms, the "Powerful Shot" perk is also pumped in. They write that the damage increases along with the player's level, but even if it increases every time by a hundred, it still won't reach those + - 1K that I saw from the reviewers by the 9th level. In this example, the player does not have a single piece of equipment for damage, but about a thousand damage.

7 Comments
Sort by:
V
Vindicare 03.09.22

The screenshot was just taken, the game was completed + - a couple of months ago. I haven't started NG+ yet.

The legendary bow I have in stock has around 400 damage.

E
Evil Resident 03.09.22

Vindicare
What do you think, a bug, some players, I read, the crossbow does not drop out at all. Or with each level of the player, the damage by 200 units increases?

V
Vindicare 03.09.22

Evil Resident
Yes, he will increase his damage along with the player's level. Unfortunately, I don't remember if it's a linear scaling or not, but its maximum damage is just 994 https://dyinglight.fandom.com/wiki/PK_Crossbow

https://steamcommunity.com/app/534380/discussions/0 /6081551989850875612/
here people write that on the 8th lvl the damage of the crossbow is 630, you are now the 5th. So the increase in damage is not linear and you will probably end up with your 994 damage at level 9.

P
POLKOVNIK2005 03.09.22

Evil Resident
I'm on level 8

s
slipnot6 03.09.22

The Vindicare
game was completed +- a couple of months ago. NG+ has not yet started
On NG+, the crossbow, unfortunately, is taken away ...

V
Vindicare 03.09.22

Slipnot6
Yes, I don't really mind. I don’t really need this crossbow, like the bow, they simplify the game too much, they simplify it outrageously. People complain that there are no firearms here, although the usual bow and crossbow already break the whole balance completely, making any other weapons and consumables meaningless in terms of real usefulness, the same outposts with them are cleared in 30 seconds. As well as, in fact, an endless paraglider, which at some point makes all parkour meaningless.
I just went for the peacekeepers for the sake of the story, the second time I will go for the survivors and this will be my main walkthrough for the further game.

E
Evil Resident 03.09.22

Vindicare
Clearly, we'll be watching.