3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nick3331 04.09.22 09:49 pm

Should I join factions and which ones?

Here's the thing - I joined the comrades-in-arms (I completed 1 quest from them and they already accepted me). But I think it's worth it to go out so as not to influence the plot? And another question - is there a limit on the number of factions to join? And is it worth it to join the Imperial Legion?
5 Comments
Sort by:
V
Voidear 04.09.22

Nick3331 It
's impossible to leave a faction. Joined the Companions, which means you will have to complete quests until the end of their line. There are no restrictions on entry, except for the choice between the Stormcloaks and the Imperials.
Look at a couple of videos on YouTube, which faction to fight for, and then decide for yourself.

P
Patrick Star Online 04.09.22

There are not so many mutually exclusive and influencing branches in factions. Mutually exclusive are the Stormcloaks and the Imperial Legion, the Dawnguard and the Vampires. There is still an option to destroy the Dark Brotherhood instead of going through this quest line.
Spoiler If you kill Astrid at the first meeting, and then talk to any of the guards.
The rest of the fractions are linear and unrelated to each other. You can safely enter and pass.
One character can easily be the archmage of the college of magicians, the head of the guilds of thieves, the dark brotherhood, associates. Be a member of the bardic college and go through a civil war for the Imperial Legion or the Stormcloaks.

N
Nick3331 04.09.22

Patrick Star Online
and who is more correct in the game, the legion or the brothers of the storm? I just started and I don't want to make mistakes, but I don't know anything yet

A
Andrei YP 04.09.22

Nick3331
A strange question ... I already answered it here to someone, I will repeat it. It is worth listening to the call of the heart and choosing the side that you like best. Personally, I think Ulfric (Stormcloak) and his bunch of supporters are fools, they chose a very bad time for their coup. This whole treaty with the elves has only a symbolic meaning, and after some time the elves will attack again without giving a damn about the treaty. It would be easier for them to capture each breakaway province individually than the whole Empire. On the contrary, we must unite and gain strength before a new war begins. So the uprising of the overwhelmed lads does not bring any benefit to either Skyrim or the Empire. Take the same General Thulius (Empire) - his opinion about the elves is quite eloquent. And after the suppression of Ulfric's uprising, he tells the main character that the Empire should not be relaxed, the war with the elves will soon begin. The ban on the worship of Talos, the Empire only pretends to comply. The representatives of the authorities do not help the Elven justiciars much, but also only pretend. In any case, when compared with real history, the split of large states and empires has never brought anything good for the inhabitants of these states, with the exception of a minority.
So choose the side that you like best. Or there seems to be another third option - the conclusion of a truce, for this it is necessary not to interfere in the civil war and then the corresponding quest will appear. Each side has its own truth, it remains only to determine how it coincides with your truth.

a
airstorm 04.09.22

Nick3331
Nick3331 wrote:
and who is more correct in the game, legion or brothers of the storm?
This choice does not affect fame or infamy. It's not a "moral" choice like in The Witcher. And don't forget that Skyrim is an RPG with different endings. In such games, it is worth playing through each storyline, replaying the game with all available options. Not because someone or something is worse, not because it's easier, but more difficult, but simply because that's the whole point of RPG games. And no matter how you go through the game, no matter what plot twist you choose, you will still have both failed quests and a messy choice even with repeated replays. Do not bother yourself with such questions and just play. The main thing - do not abuse quick save, save more often, manually, in different slots. Then you can always replay some moment and draw conclusions.
Have a nice game.