3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
deathcold 04.09.22 10:37 pm

Game crash on Windows 7

In short, straight to the point. I decided to play this game after a bunch of years, but bummer, on Windows 7 it crashes a couple of minutes after the start. Hence the question: is there any way to solve this problem and make the game work normally??? Compatibility with Windows XP does not help, and on the contrary, does not allow the game to start at all. The version is of course pirated, how could it be otherwise.
18 Comments
Sort by:
v
vftor 04.09.22

DeathCold
Not every old game can run on Win.7, and still depends on the Win.7 system.
I played Just Cause in 2016 on Win.7 x64. Distribution Just Cause Repack from RGCreative (2006) Full RUS Version: 1.0. Size: 3.02 GB

d
deathcold 04.09.22

vftor
I just saw that there is a GOG version of the first part of Just Cause on the torrent. Also version 1.0. I just don’t know whether to download or not, because where is the guarantee that it will work without problems? Therefore, I thought that, maybe there are some fixes that allow this game to run without problems. And therefore I created this post with a question. Suddenly people know about some fixes that will allow you to run the game without problems.

v
vovangt4 12.09.22

DeathCold
Just three months ago I played the first jazz code on Windows 7, and I went almost to the end, there were no crashes either, I have a license from Steam and separate text and sound crackers, and everything works. What error are you giving? Litsuhu I bought for a penny at a discount, something for 50 rubles) when I bought the second one. Look for a steam repack or rip.

d
deathcold 12.09.22

vovangt4
Unfortunately, it is not possible to find out the contents of the error, because when a crash occurs, it immediately crashes to the desktop, and then the error message is abruptly closed. I even tried to take a screenshot, but it didn't work. I can't catch the error.

Okay, I'll try to download the GOG version. Maybe she won't fly.

v
vovangt4 12.09.22

DeathCold
There is a way to disable error reporting, and then you will not close the game and the error until you click OK, I don’t remember how in the registry, but I renamed the WerFault.exe file in the system32 and SysWOW64 folder by putting a dash after the extension, it turned out WerFault .exe- and that’s it, the game doesn’t close and the error until I click OK and you can read the error, I had Just Cous 3 on the seven at once, I couldn’t find the reason, after renaming the file, I moved the window with the error and the OK button to the right outside the desktop, and continued to play, the game worked fine and I passed it) but as soon as I pressed the OK button, the game immediately closed, it turns out that if I hadn’t cut off this countdown, I wouldn’t have played the Just cous 3 bought in Steam in 15 on pre-order)

a
agula98 12.09.22

The game goes quietly on Win 11, it makes sense to ask if the game will start on a dead system

v
vovangt4 12.09.22

agula98
Who is dead and who is not, but on the seven, much more games are launched than on 11, I had 11 and 7 is still on another SSD partition, many old games do not go on Windows 11, or they go but with dancing with tambourine or wrong, which are launched on the seven without dancing and even without compatibility mode with older operating systems. I went back to 10 from 11, chose the lesser of two evils) and more stable.

p
prowkan 12.09.22

agula98
agula98 wrote:
it makes sense to ask if the game will run on a dead system
When the game came out, Windows 7 was still very much alive. Liver than Vista.

v
vovangt4 12.09.22

prowkan
To be honest, when the game came out 7 was not yet) the game was released in 2006 and 7 in 2009

d
deathcold 12.09.22

agula98
No need to drive. Few old games work on Windows 11. Not to mention Windows 10. And you figure it out, I checked the whole thing. No matter how old my PC turned out to be, I still managed to put Win 10 into it first, and later 11, to check if the old games would work. Purely out of curiosity. Tested on such games as: Soldier of Fortune, Half-Life 2, Aliens vs Predator 2, Shank, Turok, Alien Shooter, Quake, Quake 2, Mortal Kombat 9, Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection and many others. And of all these games, only Turok launched, because the remaster, and Half-Life 2, and then only updated. Everything else didn't work. Just Cause also checked the first one. The result is the same. The game does not work at all on Win 10 and 11.

But on Win 7 it works, but after a couple of minutes, it crashes to the desktop with an error unknown to me, which disappears in a second while the game closes by itself. Therefore, I decided to stay on Win 7. And from here the legs of this topic on the forum grew, because I need to find a way to make the game work without crashes on the seven, so that later I can pass it normally, because before I could not do this due to the lack of skill in modern games at that time.

d
deathcold 12.09.22

prowkan
Win 7 was not yet in production. Well, more precisely, it may have been developed in the bowels of the company, but it came out much later than the first Just Cause.

B
BDmitriy 12.09.22

DeathCold
SoF, HL2 work on 10-ke - 100% without any dances. I won’t say about the rest of the games, I haven’t tried it, but I’m more than sure that they will start. I

specially downloaded Just Cause (I have Win 10) - it starts and works

Actually, here (I think it’s not necessary to explain that the game window shrinks when OBS is captured)

d
dj jock 12.09.22

DeathCold
Of course, no offense to the author, but it's high time to switch to 10, now there are even assemblies for weak PCs / laptops and they work no worse than 7. The best option is to switch to 10, the rest is all dancing with a tambourine ...

d
deathcold 12.09.22

Dj Jock
My 10 only works fine if nothing special is set in it. But if I put the software I need there, then performance problems begin, so I'm not ready yet.

E
Evil in the flash 12.09.22

DeathCold
What kind of software do you have that reduces performance? It even got interesting.

B
Big and Fat 12.09.22

7ka forever in our hearts and hard drives!

M
Max P 12.09.22

I launched the game on Windows 10 almost without any problems (I downloaded the fix on the site for widescreen screens), and the game started right away, the game works perfectly.
Spoiler

L
LIRW 12.09.22

Big and Fat
Like Win xp in its time, but also that one, has gone into oblivion!