3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MikhaMU 12.09.22 02:39 pm

Problem rx 480, low fps, video card consumption drawdowns

The problem is that the video card is fully functional, it passes all the benchmarks (in which there is no such problem), the drivers have been reinstalled hundreds of times, like Windows and other software, they even tried to reflash another BIOS to no avail, the basics also changed, it was checked on two different computers. The rx 480 video card is absolutely in any game at any time or when the mouse is pulled in the other direction, the FPS drops sharply, as well as the consumption of the video card from its 100-130 to 50 and so constantly, you can play, but because of this it freezes, just there are games where this problem happens all the time, this is a couple of games from paradoxes, namely the game hoi4 and sites skyline, in the game the video card consumes about 40 watts and it absolutely cares what graphics settings are and what extension, FPS is the same in any case around 18-25, only consumption slightly returns at high graphics settings and so all the time, not like in other games, where at some point it happens temporarily, then permanently, another funny case with the metro last lite game, you start playing the video card chugging at full power on all its 100-140 watts, a few minutes pass, the consumption drops to 40-70 watts, the fps also drops from 80-100 to 15-30, and so on, and if you go to the game menu (pause) the video card consumption of 100 watts is immediately undermined, fps under a hundred in the game menu, as you exit the menu into the game itself, that's it. Well, one more case with CS GO, the only game where power consumption does not drop, there are no friezes, but already initially the consumption of the video card in the game is slightly lower than it should be and this is enough to draw 100-150 fps - which is very low for this card, that earlier I also had a 570 card with exactly the same problem, but by various dances with a tambourine in a few hours I solved this problem, it was already 2 years ago, now I have this damn px 480, which behaves like this the one with which I have already been jerking off for the second day and she still behaves the same, has already done everything in general, while the card is working - in all possible synthetic tests and the donut can just as well spin for hours. Maybe someone will tell you what needs to be done, although I don’t even know what you can offer, which I haven’t tried yet. at the same time, the card is working - in all possible synthetic tests, and the donut can just as well spin for hours. Maybe someone will tell you what needs to be done, although I don’t even know what you can offer, which I haven’t tried yet. at the same time, the card is working - in all possible synthetic tests, and the donut can just as well spin for hours. Maybe someone will tell you what needs to be done, although I don’t even know what you can offer, which I haven’t tried yet.
And another small clarification, the video card until some kind of magical moment, I don’t know which one (maybe reinstalling Windows)
almost (there weren’t all the problems listed, except for paradox games, I just changed that I couldn’t play hoi4 and that’s it, the rest of the games worked fine , there was a full load on the video card with its full power consumption, without drawdowns and friezes) worked fine, at what point it happened I don’t understand, since I didn’t even go into games for about 2 months and then a couple of days ago I decided to start the toys and it started ...
3 Comments
Sort by:
N
Nemeriz 12.09.22

I don’t know what kind of mysticism, I can only throw an option. Download GPUZ, put the game in windowed mode, play, wait until the consumption drops and move the mouse over the "Bus Interface" field, see if it works in the maximum supported mode or not.

D
Denis Kyokushin 12.09.22

MihaMYu
If FPS drops along with energy consumption, then the PSU is to blame

m
mrKaktak 12.09.22

MihaMU
On the happypc channel there was the same problem, only there the consumption was 30 watts in one game, in the rest everything was fine, no solution was found