3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
BROADCAST 12.09.22 04:22 pm

New full level for Max Payne 2

Probably few people know that an Editor was released for Max?
So... It exists... You can download it and learn how to work with it...
And I want to offer joint work for those who do this...
Everyone will make their own room... Chibrikov (people) can also do it yourself put.
Then we connect the rooms ... It can be done, believe me ... And what happens? Correctly.
A wonderful (almost addon) level...
I say right away that it's not easy... It's a long meticulous work... You don't need to know the programming language, everything is quickly mastered there...
In short, everyone who wants to do this, write HERE...
21 Comments
Sort by:
D
Doc[tor] 12.09.22

I would like to learn how to work in ParticleFX. If anyone knows at least some info, please respond. Yes, by the way, I'm always happy to cooperate. I have a lot of experience in MaxED2, if you have any questions about the map editor, you can contact me, I'll try to help.

B
BROADCAST 12.09.22

Do you know what the IMPORT FILES tab is in File? I think yes... Should at least. So this is a gluing of two levels, or rooms, etc. I already have two levels. There are also prefabs with Mission Impossible mod. Of course there are my own. We need to find a way to transfer your level to mine. If everything goes well, I can gladly send a level disk by mail ... If there is no other way. Think and be sure to answer ...

B
BROADCAST 12.09.22

Also, I want to find a player model editor, it's still cool to make new heroes and throw them into the toy. As for ParticleFX, it's a level problem solver, it fixes your bugs, but if it glitches, it messes up your original level. In short, this is not the best program for fixes. Better to do it right and without mistakes. By the way, you can see them when loading your level in MAxED. I also make textures myself, but not through Photoshop, but through Paint. I take pictures on my phone and computer. A little more difficult, but manageable. I'm also making a level with my house. So far, there is a kitchen and a bedroom ... In general, not bad. I'll throw off the screenshots a little later... But it won't be soon.
PS think about how we can transfer our levels to each other.

D
Doc[tor] 12.09.22

Hello. I looked through your messages on the Playground.ru forum, and was very happy.
By the way, there are some complaints about your posts:
1) "Import files" - responsible for loading into MaxED2 the levels created in the editor for the first Max Payne.
And the "Insert Document" command is responsible for combining the two levels.
2) ParticleFx is primarily a particle system editor. Of course, there may be a level debugging function there, but this is not its main feature.

Now about the editor of models of players. I haven't heard of specialized editors, but "Max Payne 2 Tools" comes with great plugins for 3DSMax 5.1.sp1. With later versions of 3DSMax, the plug-ins refuse to work, which is very disappointing. The process of creating models is quite simple, although of course there are tricks for setting up and exporting. On the official website of "Max Payne 2", there is an excellent manual for working with the editor, as well as a guide for creating character models and setting up 3DSMax. If you need high-quality textures - contact us, this stuff is in bulk! I would like to know,
what levels do you have available at the moment. It's just that I'm now planning to make a small plot addition, if it's not difficult, state your ideas. And yet, let's communicate through e-mail and ICQ. Write to me on this box: [email protected]. We still have a lot to discuss. Looking
forward to your letter in my mailbox.

B
BROADCAST 12.09.22

Check your mail...

p
pots 12.09.22

And this is me! I asked how to do realistic lighting in MaxEd2, and I was sent by the courts. Well, how?

D
Doc[tor] 12.09.22

http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne2/mods/tutorials/lighting.htm
Follow this link for a tutorial on setting up lighting.

p
pots 12.09.22

So I know. I already downloaded this manual, when I try to connect to a remote server, the computer gives me some kind of error. How.

C
CHeReP36 12.09.22

My question is: I made a level, but the editor saves the level in *.ldb format, and in order to run the game with my level without an editor, you need it to be in *.mp2m format, how or with what can I convert it ??

D
Doc[tor] 12.09.22

.mp2m is an extension for an archive with modified game data. To create it, you need to use the RASMaker2 utility. Include all modified game files in the archive, incl. game levels (do not forget to write them in level.txt), and then pack as a regular .rar archive, but instead of the .rar extension, specify .mp2m.
Example: C:MaxPayne2DevRasMaker2Rasmaker2.exe -a data mod.mp2m

Where data is the folder with the modified files.
mp2m - a file which should turn out as a result.

C
CHeReP36 12.09.22

thanks for the help

D
Doberman_Slayer 12.09.22

but I always wanted to make an addon for the first payne
the editor in it is easier than in the second and finally the first payne is still cooler than the second
can there be like-minded people?

B
BROADCAST 12.09.22

How tired I am of these editors... In other ways, it turns out not bad, and I also had to download prefabs from Mission Impossible.. The main thing is not worth it, but moving forward...

l
ladykiller69 12.09.22

Well, what do you get?

B
BROADCAST 12.09.22

Ladykiller69 Yes it turns out, hmm, that's just the only problem - mirrors. I read the manuals, did everything - nothing. The rest is all right. And the little man in the refrigerator "sits" quite well ...)) YES, I would have to come up with a storyline. EVEN a small minute for 20 - or even 10. I wish I had developers from REMEDY ... or one ...

l
ladykiller69 12.09.22

By the way, can you post the screenshots, what have you already done?

B
BROADCAST 12.09.22

I’ll post it soon ... I’ll take pictures of the apartment and screenshots next to it .. Will it work?)

l
ladykiller69 12.09.22

Of course it will, I also downloaded these tools, but they don’t work for some reason ...))

w
wit340 12.09.22

Does anyone know how to unpack mp2m?

G
Gex32net 12.09.22

wit340 RASMaker
Utility to the rescue