3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
deathcold 04.10.22 10:40 pm

Mission not working

In short, another problem emerged in the first part of Just Cause. One of the missions stopped working, in which you need to blow up the train and kill a certain Dr. Kleiner. And when the mission begins, after the cutscene, and they give me a helicopter, it immediately falls into the water and sinks. At the same time, the mission does not fail, but no targets are displayed on the map either.

If you start the mission again, from a checkpoint, you can make the helicopter take off, but there will still be no mission goals. Yes, the game does not indicate any targets on the map and mini-map. At the same time, in the menu about the goals of the mission there is a description of the mission, but there is no goal itself and a description of the goal.

I tried to fly to a nearby airport, but there are no targets there. I found the tracks on which the train travels, but there are no goals there either. Even the trains that need to be blown up are not there. Tried flying from one side of the map, over the rails, to the other, and still no mission objectives appear.

So what to do then? Maybe I don't understand something?? Or is it some kind of bug? In short, if anyone knows what this bug can be connected with, then unsubscribe. For I wanted to go through the game normally, this time, but alas, it does not work out. And downloading another version of this game is now unrealistic, since it is practically not distributed anywhere.
12 Comments
Sort by:
T
Theo Krause 04.10.22

I recently passed, everything worked for me. Try repack from DODI.

d
deathcold 04.10.22

Theo Krause
If it were so easy to download the repack of this game. I barely found a sensible repack of the second part, but I generally keep quiet about the first one.

d
deathcold 07.10.22

Theo Krause
In short, this mission is broken to hell with me. If you use fast movement, that is, evacuation, and quickly move to the marker of the beginning of the task, then what I described above will happen. When appearing on a mission after the cutscene, the helicopter will start to fall, and there will be no mission objectives. And all because, for the evacuation, a helicopter is used, which is similar to what they give you on a mission. Therefore, the game thinks that you are still on the evacuation and move to the starting point of the mission.

However, if you arrive on your own to the starting point of the mission, then there will be no such problem, but there will be another problem. There will be a mission target, a train to be destroyed, but this train will not leave the station and will stand still. And he will not even have wagons. And the missiles that need to be blown up on it will not be all, due to the fact that there are no wagons with them. Because of what, even if you destroy those that are, the mission will not end. And you can’t fly into the building where the train is standing by helicopter, because it is larger than the building. And it is also impossible to get inside with rockets, because they do not hit the cars, but the train itself.

And it turns out in the end that, neither way the mission can not pass, no way. And here I have two options as a result: 1. I have a crooked version of the game, or the game itself is stupidly incompatible with Windows 7. And 2. The only way that will help me here is to download another repack, but where can I find one that would be good and worked stably, and even heard? For, now the distribution of old games, for the most part, is dead and it is not possible to download them.

S
SonyK_2 07.10.22

DeathCold
DeathCold wrote:
...the crooked version of the game, or the game itself is stupidly incompatible with Windows 7...
As for the "crooked" version, it's better to ask where it was downloaded. I myself went through the whole game on 7-ke (in the profile) and a pirate (I don’t remember which one).

S
Splinter Nathan 2 07.10.22

As I understand it, this is a purely Russifier flaw that broke something there, because I played the Steam version with Russifier, and my mission with the Train broke in exactly the same way

v
vovangt4 07.10.22

DeathCold
This mission does not work with a crooked crack, I just installed a different crack and fixed it

d
deathcold 07.10.22

SonyK_2
I haven't downloaded the version that I have now. I once bought it in a collection, back in the days when pirates sold in the bazaars. Since then I have been playing. But I didn’t complete the first part before, so I didn’t know that this mission was broken for me. I used to play these games from the bulldozer. Simply, he arranged an orgy in the open world of the game, and did not pay attention to the plot.

d
deathcold 07.10.22

Splinter Nathan 2
I see. We will look for a crack then another.

d
deathcold 07.10.22

vovangt4
Can you share a sensible crack?

d
deathcold 07.10.22

Splinter Nathan 2
SonyK_2
vovangt4
In short, I solved my problem by simply reinstalling the game and choosing the English version during the installation process. Been through the whole game. And the problem really turned out to be in the crack. Thanks for the hint with the cracker. Now I know what the problem is.

v
vovangt4 07.10.22

DeathCold I'll post it
if I find it. I first discovered this problem when I got a PC in 2007 and decided to play this game on it because I liked it when I went to PS2, and installed it with a pirate crack (before the release of the official Russian, the main thing that is interesting, PS2 also had a pirate Rusik, but there were problems with missions was not), and then I remembered that there were problems with the passage due to crooked pirate rusiks back in GTA 3 and in PS2 and in the PC version, so at that time I also rolled back to English, later I installed the Steam version with the official rusik and problems did not have.

S
SonyK_2 07.10.22

DeathCold
DeathCold wrote:
...I solved my problem by simply reinstalling the game and choosing the English version during the installation process... the problem really turned out to be in the crack...
I didn't even think about it - I played for a long time and I don't remember if the game was in English or Russian.