3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Azamat Chotchaev 04.10.22 10:40 pm

Problem with shadows, resolution and DLSS

At native resolution 1920-1080 with DLSS enabled, mesh and ladder shadows. But it is worth unscrewing the resolution to a maximum of 3840-2160 and everything is smooth and beautiful. Also, everything is fine if you just turn off DLSS at native resolution. (Screenshots attached but 3840-2160 for some reason does not load here)
According to the schedule, everything is twisted to the maximum. I tried to play with the settings but still the problem is in the resolution with DLSS.
Maybe there is a solution? I want DLSS, but at a resolution of 3840-2160, for some reason I have to peel into my eyesight and it's not comfortable.

1 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 04.10.22

Azamat Chotchaev
Azamat Chotchaev wrote:
At native resolution 1920-1080 with DLSS on, mesh and ladder shadows. But it's worth turning the resolution up to a maximum of 3840-2160 and everything is smooth and beautiful ...
Because this is not just an anti-aliasing technology, but a worsening of the picture by reducing the resolution of some parts of the image. Made in such a way that the deterioration was as little noticeable as possible.
... it is worth unscrewing the resolution to a maximum of 3840-2160 and everything is smooth and beautiful.
The higher the in-game resolution, the more pixels are used to render the frame - the higher the image quality. Approximately the same as to increase images with different resolutions - at a lower one, pixels (squares) will appear earlier and will be larger than at a higher one.
...everything is fine if you just disable DLSS at native resolution.
Of course, it will be normal - the game starts rendering the picture in its native resolution, without degrading the quality. And if you increase the in-game resolution - in the game itself (if it allows), or through the video card driver management program ...
Spoiler
..., and disable DLSS, FSR, etc. technologies (reducing image quality), the picture will be better, but the load on the system will also increase (the frame rate will be lower).
...there is a solution?
If the number of frames per second is acceptable at native resolution (without DLSS), disable DLSS.
... screenshots attached but 3840-2160 for some reason does not load here
When uploading a picture, the rules must be observed:
Spoiler
If screenshots in 4K are saved, for example, in BMP format and weigh more than the required 5 MB, the site may not miss it. For compression, you can save the screenshot in JPEG format - the quality will be worse, but the file size will also become smaller.