3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Ivanoid 04.10.22 11:23 pm

Problem with the image in the game

I have such a problem: I launched dark souls prepare to die edition, entered the menu, created a character, watched the introductory video, and then, when the game itself had already started, the image disappeared. There is sound, the interface is also displayed, health is there, weapons, but there is no picture. I press the movement keys and I hear how the hero moves, but there is no picture. Has anyone encountered this problem, if so, how to solve it? I have been waiting for the PC version for a long time, I even signed a petition about porting, and then such a bummer. Drivers and DirectX are the latest.
16 Comments
Sort by:
T
Truman 04.10.22

The same trouble you have what Windows?

I
Ivanoid 04.10.22

True
Windows 7

r
ra-73 04.10.22

Remove anti-aliasing in the game settings and everything will be trampled, the same trouble was.

I
Ivanoid 04.10.22

ra-73
Did not help, the same garbage with the image

T
Tyson213 04.10.22

Ivanoid
Launched Dacre Soul, began to play the game, decided to change the resolution and bam, a black screen crashed and an error, I start to restart only a black screen. At the same time, the sound and keys work. I tried a lot and changed drivers and turned off anti-aliasing, another repack shook the same black screen. 2 days can not start. If you find a solution, please post.

G
GODz1lla 04.10.22

Tyson213
X:UsersusernameAppDataLocalNBGIDarkSouls try to delete the DarkSouls.ini file along this path, and then start the game.
And then try to put a fix on the game http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?tag=dsfix, though it hasn’t changed much today, I don’t know how the game will behave, but if I can throw you a prev. version. Also tell me your video card model.

T
Tyson213 04.10.22

GODz1lla
GeForce Gt540M

T
Tyson213 04.10.22

GODz1lla Deleted
, did not help, put a fix too. Interestingly, other games work fine. I also noticed that if you start the game in windowed mode, the screen starts flashing, then black, then white, then black again, plus you can see the dark soul icon at the bottom of the screen, but in windowed mode the game crashes with an error, the dark souls executable program has stopped working !!!. At full screen, the game does not crash, the screen is black and everything else works fine.

G
GODz1lla 04.10.22

Tyson213
Damn, I don’t know what else to advise, in theory, Dark Souls is going well on nVIDIA, the game itself is on XP SP3 and Win 7 64x systems, most likely it’s in Windows itself, since you even reinstalled the drivers, well, maybe be also in the label for the game to set compatibility with XP SP3, maybe it will help?

m
mihailuv 04.10.22

Turning off anti-aliasing helped me (win 7 x64)

T
Tyson213 04.10.22

GODz1lla
I solved it, I found the solution on the burgh forum http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2914140.
Set the resolution to 1280/720 in the DarkSouls.ini file. Sorry, I just didn’t know that this file is secret, thank you very much finally !!!!)))

T
Tyson213 04.10.22

GODz1lla Listen
, and such a question is still the game is slowly going, is it supposed to be like that? Set the resolution to the minimum.

S
SG__ 04.10.22

It was the same, interface, sounds and black screen. Earned normally another repack without fixes. Separately, I downloaded the fixes and installed them - everything is in order too.

K
KilligaRD 04.10.22

Guys, help me fool please. I downloaded the first dark souls, installed it, went in, but my drawing on hp and stamina is not standard. Please help how to solve this problem

A
Alexander Shakhnov 04.10.22

KilligaRD
I have the same thing. All brains are broken. Game with fixes on graphics and mouse. Turn off the fix, everything works fine. The problem is in him. But it's impossible to play without it. Firstly, it increases the frame rate to 60, and secondly, it increases the resolution and optimizes the mouse, and makes it possible to use it normally in the game. The third day I'm breaking my brains. Here is the last comment from 2014, and the activity was in 2012 - hardly anyone will answer))

s
slipnot6 04.10.22

Alexander Shakhnov
Maybe it's easier to download the reissue? I also suffered with fixes for the first edition of the game, but in the end I scored and downloaded remastered and all the problems were gone.
As for me - the usual dark souls works much worse than the remaster, so why bother?