3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
INOSENT0 04.10.22 11:23 pm

Crashes after 1-1.5 hours of play

AMD FX-8120
GTX-660
16GB
HDD RAM
Started crashing after an hour or a half of the game, and nothing can be done except restart the computer. Although on version 1.03 I went through the game without problems and crashes, and on version 1.6 crashes began. How to cure? Or should I wait for a patch?
9 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 04.10.22

INOSENT0
INOSENT0 wrote:
Started crashing after an hour or a half of the game, while nothing can be done except restart the computer...
Maybe a memory leak. Over time, the RAM "clogs" and when it reaches the limit, it crashes. Monitor the load on the kit (MSI Afterburner, etc.) - if after some time the RAM is filled to the maximum, it's definitely a leak.
...on version 1.03 I completed the game without problems and crashes, and on version 1.6 crashes began... do I have to wait for a patch?
A patch, or some kind of "patch" from folk "craftsmen" (if someone wants to do it). Or roll back to 1.03 and play on it.

K
Kartonkratos 04.10.22

INOSENT0
SonyK_2
It's not about the RAM, but it seems to me in the video card!? because the gtx 660 is not already supported by firewood in the first place, and for which you should not expect stable operation, and secondly, there is not enough video memory for this game! which can cause crashes because it is already packed to the brim.

I
INOSENT0 04.10.22

Kartonkratos
But in the early versions of the game, I passed it without lags and crashes.

S
SonyK_2 04.10.22

Kartonkratos
Kartonkratos wrote:
It's not about the RAM, but the video card seems to me!?... not enough video memory for this game...
It is possible, but some games (when they do not have enough video memory) can use RAM as its "substitute" .
PS I don't know how it's implemented here, but sometimes the same thing happened in other games - a 4 GB video card (in the profile), but I set the texture quality to the maximum and the game showed more video memory consumption than what I have. During the game itself, I noticed that the RAM is gradually clogging up (if the game makes it possible, I always try to play with Afterburner turned on). Somehow I managed to play for several hours in a row (there were weekends and they gave the game a "try" for free) and during this time my RAM was completely filled ...

..., but when it reached the limit, instead of crashing, it hung for a few seconds and noticed that part of the RAM was freed. I turned off the game and looked at the swap file (set it to be resizable)...

..., it increased by a couple of gigs - i.e. during the freeze, the game dumped some data from RAM to the swap file. I continued to play, and by the end of the session I turned back and looked at the FP - more than 9 GB were used.
INOSENT0
INOSENT0 wrote:
...in the early versions of the game, I went through it without lags and crashes.
If I'm not mistaken, they wrote in the news that with some patch the developers want to increase the systems - they had to remove support for old OSes and possibly raised the requirements for hardware.

K
Kartonkratos 04.10.22

SonyK_2
Well, that means for the drivers, since the game is being updated and there is no driver for the video card! and the fact that it worked on previous versions of the game does not mean anything.

D
Denis Kyokushin 04.10.22

INOSENT0 Increase
paging file

Kartonkratos
I ran Unity Assassin on 570GTX:
Spoiler

The game needs 6GB of video memory

K
Kartonkratos 04.10.22

Denis Kyokushin
I wrote not only for memory! but he gave as an example that it can crash for lack of video memory, and so I wrote that it crashes for drivers, since the gtx 600 and 700 series are no longer supported.

S
SonyK_2 04.10.22

Kartonkratos
Kartonkratos wrote:
...may crash due to lack of video memory, and so I wrote that it crashes for drivers too...
It can crash because of anything.
PS Once I played (in another game) and I crashed with an error like: "The driver has been restored ..." in a certain place (I saw this for the first time in my life, although I have been playing for many years). Those. in other places everything is fine, as soon as I approach this place and perform certain actions - departure. There was a puzzle with dragging several spheres (I think 3) from different places to one on earth. With the first two, everything is fine, but as soon as I started to approach the right place from the 3rd one - a crash with a driver error.

K
Kartonkratos 04.10.22

SonyK_2
Well, for example, he played version 1.3, then everything was ok, but now 1.6 has already come out in which the graphics have improved, and new firewood does not come out on the video card, and that's why at some point there is a crash! because the drive is old and cannot handle this or that situation correctly.