3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
deathcold 04.10.22 11:37 pm

Game freezes and crashes with DirectX fatal error

In short, such a problem. The game crashes with a DirectX Fatal Error. The error code itself is 6. At the same time, the crash is accompanied by the game freezing tightly, and then there is a crash with an error. In addition, sometimes it just crashes with an error, and sometimes the game seems to work, you can hear the sounds of the game itself and that something is happening there, but nothing is visible but only a dark screen. It even happened that such a crash, in the end, led to a BSOD. BSOD error code 116.

I googled this error code, and not a single method for solving this problem completely helped me. That is, after applying any fix described in the internet, the game seems to work for a while, but then this crash still occurs. At the same time, I noticed that the crash occurs when in the game itself I am in an urban area. Outside of an urban area, when I run somewhere else in the game, there are no crashes.

Game version 1.0.0.1. Pirate. Once upon a time I bought it on a disk, in a 3 in 1 collection, which contains the first part of Just Cause, Total Overdose and this second Just Cause. Also, my video card is just from the minimum system requirements, with full support for DirectX 10. Even DirectX 11 works. I could download a later version of the game from the Internet, but where is the guarantee that there will not be such a canoe there? So I'm asking for help here. Does anyone have experience with this issue and knows how to resolve this issue.
27 Comments
Sort by:
v
vftor 04.10.22

DeathCold
We need to find and download another repack. Only now this old game from 2010 is not easy to find. For example, I have Just.Cause.2-RELOADED, which is simply unpacked into the finished game folder and is not listed in the programs, but still works on Win.7 x64.

d
deathcold 04.10.22

vftor
I found the full version with all the DLCs on the root tracker, but there is no seed, then it is there but the speed is 20 Kb / s. Try it, download more. Straight hemorrhoids.

v
vftor 04.10.22

DeathCold I'm
sorry, but what can you do.

d
deathcold 04.10.22

vftor
That's it, that nothing can be done. It's a shame!

v
vftor 04.10.22

DeathCold
Or maybe some .dll files are missing. If I have problems, there are Dependency Walker programs (detection of files for installing the game) x86 and x64, by which I determine the missing .dll files for games. In addition, there is a feature in this game that save files are located in the game folder, which are formed every time you start the game and accumulate. For the reliability of the game, unnecessary saves must be deleted.

d
deathcold 04.10.22

vftor
I don't know, to be honest. I seem to have DirectX 9, 10 and 11 installed. And since the error is due to DirectX, then something is wrong with its components or what, I xs. And I have only three saves: settings, auto save and my manual save. There are no more saves.

v
vftor 04.10.22

DeathCold
I also have DirectX 9-10-11 (4.08.2011), but when problems arise, I check for missing files and it turns out that some DirectX related .dll file is missing. Then I add this file to WindowsSystem32 , to WindowsSysWOW64 , and to the game folder. Check with Dependency Walker.

S
SonyK_2 04.10.22

DeathCold
DeathCold wrote:
...seems to have DirectX 9, 10 and 11 installed...
DirectX 10 / 11 not installed. Separately, DX 9.0c of June 2010 is installed - via a web installer, or offline:
Spoiler
The rest is support at the OS level.
XP - maximum DX 9.0s.
Vista - originally DX 10, up to level 10.1 (if the video card supports it), then with some update officially added support for DX 11.
7 - DX 11.
8 - DX 11, up to level 11.2 (if the video card supports)
10 /11 - DX 12, up to level 12.2 (DirectX 12 Ultimate if graphics card supports).
...if the error is due to DirectX, then something is wrong with its components or something...
Or maybe because of the iron. If it was launched on what is indicated in the profile ...
Spoiler
..., if it fits, then it is under the minimum salary - maybe they were increased over time without specifying.
PS When I played it for the first time, I even had to install Vista (because of DX10), but then I already had a card with DX 10.1 support and 1 GB of video memory (HD4850). I don’t know how much video memory I “ate” then, but there was more RAM (config with Athlone in the profile). And on more powerful hardware, it "ate" a gigabyte of video memory. Unfortunately, I didn’t run it at the minimum with monitoring and I don’t know how much the game spends.

v
vftor 04.10.22

SonyK_2
SonyK_2 wrote:
DirectX 10 / 11 is not installed
I have a ready assembly of DirectX 9-10-11 (4.08.2011) installed, which has files 9,10,11

S
SonyK_2 04.10.22

vftor
vftor wrote:
I have a prebuilt build of DirectX 9-10-11 (4.08.2011) that contains files 9,10,11
This "build" is most likely the DirectX 9.0c installer (June 2010), possibly self-packaged. Can I see a screen with the properties of this file (on the "Details" tab), as in my post above?

v
vftor 04.10.22

SonyK_2
Of course, this is a sapopular assembly made for games.

N
Nathan Drake 04.10.22

The game is crooked shit, my Steam license randomly crashed.

S
SonyK_2 04.10.22

vftor
vftor wrote:
...this is a bootstrap build made for games.
What is it made of? - if from the same files as in the official installer from small soft ones, then it does not differ much from it. How many years I have been using this offline installer (DX9) and there were no problems (XP, Vista, 7), I don’t install files from web installers (if some game tries to run this one, I block access to the network) and everything works.

Nathan Drake
Nathan Drake wrote:
The game is crooked, my Steam license randomly crashed.
I don’t remember about pirates - I went through it several times, on different repacks and hardware, but there were no problems with the Steam face (1.0.0.2). In the post above there is a video, a config in the profile and captions for the video on YouTube (lower spoiler). Top with a pirate, bottom with a face:
https://forums.playground.ru/just_cause_2/zavisanie_i_vylet_igry_s_oshibkoj_directx_fatal_error-1015712/#comment-19136967

v
vftor 04.10.22

SonyK_2
I also use only off-line. The author of the assembly wrote: "By popular demand, at my own peril and risk, I am posting a Microsoft DirectX product that fixes errors with the launch of games that require DirectX 10.1 and 11 files"
That is, he added files 10 and 11 to DirectX 9. But this assembly is basic, because some games also need to add .dll files related to DirectX.

S
SonyK_2 04.10.22

vftor
vftor wrote:
...he added files 10 and 11 to DirectX 9. some games also need to add .dll files related to DirectX.
Maybe he added something, but after installing Windows I put this:
Spoiler For newer games on 7-ke, a dedicated update (Direc3D) is usually required. The only thing that is not official in the folder is a pirated "hybrid" of Visual C++ (all editions in one), I update it regularly.

k
k_ramidin 04.10.22

Download the game again normal repack

v
vftor 04.10.22

SonyK_2
All these updates to Win.7 x64 for new games (tailored for Win.10) are actually harmful for Win.7 x64. Personally, I generally refused Win.10 and games for it. there is nothing fundamentally new in these games. In addition, constant Win.10 updates, the need for which I will keep silent.

d
deathcold 04.10.22

k_ramidin
If it were possible, I would download it. Everywhere, any repack of the latest version of the game is not downloaded. Then there is no one on the distribution, that is, but the speed is very small.

R
RPG F3 04.10.22

vftor
I've learned how to cut images for myself and no crap with the installation and other software. and toys get along well with the system. And if you have Windows on a separate ssd, you don’t have to bathe at all) well, download updates and let them download.

R
RPG F3 04.10.22

DeathCold
most likely you have a fawn image of Windows, I have already installed such ones, there is always something missing and I have to reinstall the next downloaded ukrovyser on the "advice of experts" carrying all sorts of nonsense about individual libraries.