3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SentineI 04.10.22 11:37 pm

Game starts in windowed mode

The game starts every time in windowed mode, and you have to set it to full screen. Tell me how to solve the problem?
2 Comments
Sort by:
V
Vindicare 04.10.22

SentineI
Try the following.
In the folder my documents or just documents, find the dying light 2 folder. Then you go to the out folder, then to the settings folder. There you find the video.scr file. You look, whatever the read-only attribute is on it (right-click on the file, properties), if it is checked, you remove it. Rename this file to video.txt. You open it with any text editor and find the line WindowMode (number) in the second half of the text. In the upper half, the designations of the settings are indicated, and in the lower half are the settings themselves, which must be changed. Change the number to 2 to be WindowMode(2), close the file, save it, rename it back to video.scr.
If after entering the game the setting has not been saved, you do the same, but at the very end you also turn the read-only checkbox back on. While this checkbox is checked, the graphics settings that you change in the game will be saved only until the next launch of the game.

S
SentineI 04.10.22

Vindicare
Thank you for your help, in the end it turned out that with dx11 the game refuses to save full-screen mode in the settings, even if you set WindowMode (2) in this file anyway, after restarting it resets to windowed (read-only was not ticked), set it in the dx12 settings and that's it became ok