3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
n
nonyyyr 04.10.22 11:38 pm

The problem of dualshoke 4 ver.2 in games

And so, the problem is that my Dualshock 4 does not display the buttons in games as expected, i.e. the same main buttons (triangle, circle, square, cross), but displays the buttons from the xbox 360 gamepad, both in pirates and and licensed games. Windows is displayed as a wireless controller, as if the left gamepad.

According to the classics, it is ds4forwindowns, it also has the following settings:

At the same time, these items are not switched, but only the module is connected or disconnected:

As a confirmation of the display of the buttons - a screenshot with the steam version of nier Automata. Even if a patcher is installed that changes the display of buttons to dualshoke buttons:

From the last thing I played - Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, the same topic, although there is support for the gamepad, but I am silent about the pirated version, usually due to the version it may not work.
And the most relish of the problem is the frequent burning in red during the game. For no apparent reason, he begins to behave, to put it mildly, annoyingly. With a red glow, it does not respond to pressing and moving the sticks. The only option that theoretically can help is to reinstall Windows, and the ds4windows driver to it to get rid of a potential software conflict. But I don’t really want to reinstall Windows again, so in view of this I would like to understand why this happens with the display of buttons and this red glow that prevents the gamepad from working.
I hope for detailed answers with a detailed explanation and screenshots that will show the cause of the problem, the solution of which I did not find on the forums and on the Internet in general. In most cases, there topics
are something like "why does the gamepad turn red? The reasons are a battery, a broken connector, and so on."
3 Comments
Sort by:
n
nonyyyr 04.10.22

I wrote the name of the gamepad incorrectly, it should be dualshock 4 ver.2. And the topic can not be edited, and the post can not be deleted either.

S
SonyK_2 04.10.22

nonyyyr
nonyyyr wrote: I wrote
the name of the gamepad incorrectly, it should be dualshock 4 ver.2. And the topic can not be edited, and the post can not be deleted either.
At the bottom of the page there is a "Feedback" button - ask the moderators to correct the name, or delete the topic.
Spoiler
There is also an error in the post itself - the letter "E" should not be in the name of the controller:
Spoiler

s
slipnot6 04.10.22

nonyyyr
Let's start with the fact that displaying your gamepad in Windows as a "wireless controller" is the norm, you should not worry about this. Windows does not fully support dualshock by default, unlike the gamepad from the xbox, for example. Still competitors.
If you want the supported games to display the buttons and the backlight as they should, then the only option is to buy this: Or play with a usb cable connection.
Why did I say supported games and not all? Yes, because it is so - not all games on the PC provide support for dualshock, and in some you will still see the buttons from the xbox. The layout will be accurately displayed in the headlights, starting from the third, mortal kombat 10-11, injustice 2, finalke 15, death standing, world war z, borderlands 3, days gone, god of war will have full support - even the touchpad, prey new which, batman Arkham Knight, destiny 2, cyberpunk. This is just what I have and I know exactly what works. In some games, there is no auto-detection, but there is a crutch in the form of choosing a layout in the settings - there you can choose to display the icons of the desired gamepad. I saw this in metro exodus and monster hunter world. I don’t know why you decided that automata will display dualshock icons for you, I don’t have a license, neither the pirate did this, but there is a mod on the nexus that replaces the icons of the xbox buttons with the playstation (did you mean this patcher, or in specialK?). Residents of the remakes, although they were made by the Japanese in Japan, including for the Japanese PlayStation 4/5, did not bring dualshock support to the PC version, japanama. It all depends on the developers. Although, there is also a mod for the resident to display the necessary buttons. So it goes.
In Steam, if you connect the gamepad to the profile, you can adjust the color and brightness of the backlight, if anything.
I used to try to use ds4windows myself, but it feels like a fierce crutch, besides a crooked one, and I also had constant problems with drivers, then reinstalling Windows will not help.
In general, see for yourself - not that I strongly agitated you to buy this garbage, but it saves you from a fair share of perdoling.

One last thing - the version of dualshock v2 is somewhat different from the first one, which prevents PC games that definitely work with v1 from working with v2. From this list, I know doom 2016 and dying light. On version v1, the buttons are displayed there as they should, but on v2 they are not. In the second revision, I messed up somewhere ...