3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Patrick Kharkov 21.11.19 03:00 am

As modders create transparent pictures for your mods? (Resident Evil 2)

People! someone here actually knows what the modders create their own transparent images with alpha channels for their own created mods, on the selection screen of costume to this picture, consistent with their created mods, like modders have created their pictures, these two mods that were posted here. Please see the below screenshots.
How they create their pictures for mods? Need detailed written instructions or video tutorial that someone explained how, where, and in what program created these images on the selection screen of the costumes of the characters. Someone here must know.
Because with this issue to contact the Western modders on the forums and ask them it's all in English. the language will be problematic, because they can't understand what I'm asking, because there will be errors in the text I have, because I do not speak conversational English, to correctly and without error, write English. texts. So we had here to raise this subject, because I believe that for many it will be interesting and useful for future mods, if anyone wants to do a mod for this game. Because if someone from the Russian, will make for themselves, or the public fashion in which the selection screen of this mod, picture Claire, or Leon will not meet the established fashion, because the picture will be displayed in the original, for the original suit created by Capcom, and not created by you, you understand that will not look logical and fantastic. Therefore, almost all the modders who completely change the model of Claire and Leon, they and they create these transparent images on the screen of a choice of costume that you saw, what you choose is really a new created mod, not what you choose, original costume created by the developers. Well, you understand.

Spoiler

7 Comments
Sort by:
a
ayyrasmus 21.11.19

What do you need? A character with a transparent background? Put yourself reseed with the effect of chroma key and sacking it on a green background.

P
Patrick Kharkov 21.11.19

ayyrasmus
Either I don't quite understand what you mean, whether you did not understand me, what I'm asking here.
Did you look under the spoiler two of the screen with Claire, as modders have created these portraits are transparent, which shows their new mod costumes? If so, this is what I'm asking, how and where modders create such portraits on the selection screen, the suit fashion, make up his own? I suspect that this is done in a 3D program.

a
ayyrasmus 21.11.19

Patrick Kharkov
I think just the same resada can do it the easiest way, but perhaps it is these same modders. That's kind of normal guide, at least the only one that found this effect:

P
Patrick Kharkov 21.11.19

In General, I'm on a nexus answered my question, the Modder who created the mod Claire Naughty Noir, where I'm here in the subject, under the spoiler, put a screenshot with it created a portrait of a changed costume Claire, on the selection screen of the costume, and here's what he replied:
Quote: Mostly 3D software can do it. Depends on which one you like. I used MAYA.
In principle, as I predpolagal what is created in a 3D program.
So, it is somehow for their mods, creates a portrait in the program Maya. But how?
Because as far as I know, for Maua, there is no script to import meshes from the game RE2 Remake.
And that script is to import the meshes, only for 3DS MAX 2014 from Chinese Modder maliwei777
And here I can not understand how this Modder imported the model in Maya Claire, then to there like that with her, to create a transparent portrait with an alpha channel, and with his stand/pose Claire on the stage, and then, export to a file, the DDS format, or PCD to then open this created file in Photoshop, and already there to replace instead of the original portrait of Claire. As in Photoshop to replace, then to the game selection screen suits it was visible and worked, I know. Is there a tutorial on this. But here, as originally in a 3D program (any, not necessarily in MAYA, create your portrait mod for the costume selection screen in the game) I do that and don't know. Need a video tutorial where a person shows and tells how this mod is created for costumes. And I asked the same Modder to have it done on YouTube video tutorial on how to create in Maya or 3ds Max or Blender or some 3D program, a picture portrait with modified your mod to select on the screen, the corresponding character costume. And Modder I answered again, only the sad news that he was sorry and that he had no time for this, and what he says he can me somebody else to help with the tutorial. But who? I don't know to whom this question would apply more.
Know that only those people who make mods for Resident well or who simply think well in 3D programs, modeling of characters, objects, etc. Therefore, in principle, the answer has already been received on my question, but left only the most important that someone told the steps, or showed the video in YouTube, in any 3D program, such as creating transparent images with portraits of the characters to suit the mods on the selection screen changed costume. There and then, no problem I will download a particular program, be it Maya, or Blender, then to try to make a transparent portrait.

P
Patrick Kharkov 21.11.19

ayyrasmus
No. Modders do it not through reside. I already received a response from the Modder. See above for my big comment. He does it in the 3D program MAYA. I just don't know how in the 3D prog, it can be done.
That is, the response I received, where, but I have not received an answer to your question, how. So this topic here is still relevant, until someone or a video you find on YouTube, and will not take off here, exactly where people shows how to create characters on a transparent background with the alpha channel, and how they have changed the Persians different racks, posture (likely to include the animation of the character) and then it that frozen on the stage, in any file format, export, Photoshop, so in the future is to replace the portrait in Photoshop.

a
ayyrasmus 21.11.19

You're still going to do the model extensions that are all 3D editors use the same, have the same blender and Maya it seems to have compatibility. But to take this model from the game is another matter, seems capable of it himself Fluffy mod Manager, but I'm not sure. Ask the same of maddela in more detail, then no one will help you and especially record video.

P
Patrick Kharkov 21.11.19

ayyrasmus
Well, I wanted the Modder made a YouTube video tutorial as he creates a portrait of Clare, with mod costumes, on the selection screen suit Claire. But he answered that he had no time for it. That is, it has nothing will not help me. And in writing, how this can be written, to be able to understand? Moreover, he will write in English. the language of instruction, which you then hell understand. A written tutorial can be taken only from Russian Modder, but from a foreign Modder, of course it would be better to watch his videos, as he does everything, and then by his example, to repeat the action. And I, myself have been through on YouTube VIDOS on my theme, and lantern. I have not found at all, and even related videos, where people would be from 3D models, doing portrait with alpha channels, which are then exported to a specific file format for Photoshop.
Here specifically need a video exactly where make mod for this game RE2 REMAKE, and how to fashion, do their version of the portrait in the costume selection screen in the game, and what the program will do it. And so, to look for quite some left 3D program on YouTube, where it will be in the game and not on the game mods and an entirely different theme, of course nothing will help, and answers will not. Well, then it is necessary either to wait, or hope that in the future, someone from the foreign modders, gash or VIDOS to tutorial create portraits, or in writing the steps to write out how and what's the best prog to do it all. But it may never happen, so nobody knows for sure. Worst of all, when waiting for the UNKNOWN. Just as I can see that here in my topic, except you alone, nobody comes. Need more people, the more they will see the subject, the one may be the one who knows how to create everything, and to do.