3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Seht 05.10.22 10:45 pm

Hanging after installing x number of mods

Main quest. I'm going to Dragon's End. When Airileth comes up to me, the game freezes.
When I installed Noble Skyrim, everything seemed to work, but I don’t remember exactly. I tried to remove almost all the mods installed later - it did not help.
List of mods

5 Comments
Sort by:
A
ArXangel_ann 05.10.22

Seht
hmm... am I missing something, or does it cost 5 lighting mods??? it's strange that it doesn't crash immediately upon entering the DP
, I would ask, what for so many, but oh well ...

and "nth" is how much? ten? fifty? =))

First of all, check on an absolutely clean game

. If it's ok, then the simplest thing is to look at the last lines from several sorties in the papyrus log. If they match, then delete the mod to which they refer.

or create a new profile in MO with a minimum set of proven mods (you can leave the textures and appearance, but the script and gameplay nafig, even if checked), look at it. If it crashes, clean the ini files. If not, then add 1-5 mods at a time, until the culprit is identified

If it freezes when Airilet should start a dialogue, then I would start with mods for sound / dialogue and / or mods related to Airilet herself, including external ones. The crooked mesh/animation may be the cause

of the Driver, the system itself, as I understand it, has not changed?

S
Seht 05.10.22

ArXangel_ann
Only lighting mods are ENB Light (required for ENB), ELFX (and that's disabled as my ENB is not meant to be used with it) and Immersive Spells and Light, a very small mod that adds light from spells.

There are about 60 mods in total, about 70 plugins. It works on a clean game. It makes no sense to look at the logs, anyway, nothing is written there, because. the game doesn't crash.

After gradually disabling / enabling mods in various combinations, the culprit was found. This is a scar retexture. It turned out that I did not look and downloaded the version for LE. And what is strange, up to this point everything worked. On my character, everything was displayed calmly.

A
ArXangel_ann 05.10.22

Seht wrote:
Of the lighting mods, only ENB Light (required for ENB), ELFX (and that is disabled, because my ENB is not intended for use with it) and Immersive Spells and Light
What I see on the screenshots is ELFX, ELE, Window Shadows, ENB Light and Immersive Spells and Light and they are all enabled.
The only non-conflicting one Immersive Spells and Light
Window Shadows conflicts with ELFX and RLO. ELE too. ENB Light conflicts with all mods that change campfires, torches, candles, etc. Those. with most mods on light. Not critical, but still. Or is it worth just the light version.
This is besides the fact that such a number of "light" mods that do the same thing is simply not necessary - even if it does not lead to problems, it loads the game without any sense.

Oh well, the issue is resolved and it's good

S
Seht 05.10.22

ArXangel_ann
ELFX and ELE are disabled in the list on the right. Should the left side be disabled as well? I only need ENB Light and Window Shadows (I forgot about it then), both for ENB. It's right there in the requirements. ELFX used before. With the installation of ENB, made for other mods, disabled. I do not want to completely remove from the list of mods. Immersive Spells and Light, as I understand it, does nothing with lighting, it just adds additional light sources, so you don't have to count. Total 2 mandatory mods, 2 are not used.
For some reason, it always seemed to me that ELE is an "addition" to ELFX specifically for use with ENB, so I put them together. Now I looked at the mod page - indeed, ELFX is not required. It turns out, 2 separate mods.
Thank you for writing about these moments. I will take into account

A
ArXangel_ann 05.10.22

Seht wrote: Should the
left be turned off too?
desirable, because files can overwrite each other, whether or not esp itself is disabled.
Seht wrote:
You don't want to completely remove mods from the list, you
can not delete them, just uncheck the boxes on the left. Let them hang, so they won't bother anyone
Seht wrote:
I only need ENB Light and Window Shadows (I forgot about it then), both for ENB,
um... I didn't understand. They are not needed for ENB, ENB is needed for them)))