3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Darwin Mix 05.10.22 11:06 pm

Lost 400GB SSD on laptop.

I am dealing with such a problem, I bought myself a laptop for study, Acer Aspire 3, the model comes with Windows 11 preinstalled. After installing and updating all the drivers, I noticed that on the C disk now instead of 512 GB - 108. And there I just didn’t do anything, I looked in Disk Management - it also shows 108 gigs, I demolished Windows and put it again - also nothing. I installed drivers from Acer, also by. What can be done, how to return the lost gigabuts?
12 Comments
Sort by:
k
kurskiy 05.10.22

How was the OS installed? Otherwise, they usually offer to choose the type of installation (update or custom) and in the custom one, you can delete partitions and recreate them. If the disk is not partitioned (except for those partitions that Windows itself creates before installation), there should be almost 500 GB of free space in total.

G
Grandshot 05.10.22

The easiest way is to start the installation of WIndows 10 again. When choosing which disk to install on, delete absolutely all partitions so that only unallocated space remains. From this space, create a New Volume and select it for further installation.

D
Darwin Mix 05.10.22

Grandshot I'll
try this now.

D
Darwin Mix 05.10.22

Grandshot
no, deleted all partitions - now unallocated disk space is 0 - 119 GB

D
Darwin Mix 05.10.22

kurskiy I
updated first through the update, then I tried the selective one. Selective also did not give results, deleted all volumes - 119 GB is unoccupied.

k
kurskiy 05.10.22

DarwinMix It's
very strange, when you select a disk on it, even hidden partitions are displayed, if you delete everything, then the entire volume of the drive should be in the unoccupied disk. Perhaps the disk is "mowing", since it suddenly "decided" that it was only 128 GB, and not 512.

D
Darwin Mix 05.10.22

kurskiy
Maybe kosyachny, but all the same, initially he gave out 512, reinstalled Windows - everything was gone ... How to solve right now, even dick knows, regretted that he decided to reinstall at all

k
kurskiy 05.10.22

DarwinMix
For the sake of experiment, you can see, for example, in the CrystalDiskInfo program how it is determined and what state it writes. The utility is free.

D
Darwin Mix 05.10.22

kurskiy Something

like that. Host reads 338 GB says

k
kurskiy 05.10.22

DarwinMix
In general, this SSD model (HFM128GD3JX016N) is 128 GB, which is easy to check by driving it into a search engine (and 128 in the title, as it were, indicates this).

S
SonyK_2 05.10.22

darwinmix
_
_
_ used) and where was it bought - in a store, or from the hands?
If you bought it in a store and it was under warranty (and at the time of purchase the disk was declared as 500 gig), take it back and demand a refund / replacement / repair (depending on when it was purchased). Provided that CrystalDiskInfo correctly defines its model as 128-gig.
Spoiler

k
kurskiy 05.10.22

SonyK_2
It is unlikely that CrystalDiskInfo in the model name will lie, it is read as HFM128GD3JX016N - it looks like it is. The utility, if it cannot read the information, simply displays the type of drive and volume , like this, for example: DarwinMix
Spoiler , including storage capacity.