3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
O
Oleg1500jk 05.10.22 11:35 pm

Performance degradation

Good afternoon, I encountered such a problem as a sharp decrease in performance, starting from turning on the computer and beyond, long steam loading, low fps in games in the same Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 fps dances from 10 to 60, although it was not below 80 before, at the same time, the processor reaches 100% and is also floating, folders, browser and pages in it also open for a long time, what could be the problem? System I7-7700k, RTX 3070, 16 gb ram. Kaspersky banished nothing, cleaned autoload.
8 Comments
Sort by:
m
mrKaktak 05.10.22

Oleg1500jk
Maybe there is a problem in the hard drive or ssd, run all the components in the occt program (look at the temperatures and frequencies), maybe caught a virus (Dr.web cureit)

O
Oleg1500jk 05.10.22

mrKaktak
For the system, ssd sata is used, for games m2 nvme b and there is also a 160 gb hdd for photos, etc., maybe because of him this could be?

M
MunchkiN 616 05.10.22

It is worth looking at what exactly loads the processor in the task manager. constant load? And is there a load on the video card?

O
Oleg1500jk 05.10.22

MunchkiN 616
The fact of the matter is that he did not notice anything suspicious.

M
MunchkiN 616 05.10.22

Oleg1500jk
there is a small chance that the problem may occur due to some kind of ssd. and as far as I understand it is useless to test it because it can cope with linear tasks. a shdd drive can just be slow and can park and spin when it needs something but if there are no games and programs it will not affect performance. and its influence will be mainly in the form of single long freezes and a complete freeze of the game for a second or two if the disk stops and the ygga refers to it or some kind of software like fraps, bandicam.
recently faced with performance loss but they were visible in the task manager. it was a Yandex browser and the rundll32 process on windows 7. even when there was a virus (probably), it ate RAM from which it led to a loss of performance.

O
Oleg1500jk 05.10.22

MunchkiN 616 I
reinstalled Windows and ... after a while everything returned ... What could be so wonderful? In turn, each of the 3 disks was taken out, to no avail. The last action before this was the purchase of the Days Gone activation key from the Igromagaz site, it was installed, everything was normal, on the trail. day turned on the computer, the installation resumed, but these brakes began.

L
Lain Rain 05.10.22

Oleg1500jk
Maybe throttlin and frequency reset on the process or, alternatively, some software creates problems.

Check whether the system overheats and the frequencies are not reset during operation, for example, in games.

Just run Windows with only the basic drivers and services. Press WINDOWS + R on your keyboard to bring up the Run window, type MSCONFIG and click OK. On the General tab, select "Diagnostic Run". Reboot the PC and see if the friezes are gone.

O
Oleg1500jk 05.10.22

Thanks to everyone who helped! Finally I solved the problem, my blind eyes did not immediately see in the BIOS that the processor had a frequency of 0.8 GHz instead of 4.2 GHz, I don’t even know what this is connected with, I found a solution by disabling the intel adaptive thermal monitor in the BIOS. Immediately everything fell into place, I found a solution on another site, they also wrote that it helps to remove and insert the motherboard battery, I personally did not try it.