3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
J
Just Name 05.10.22 11:35 pm

Artifacts that are not visible in the screenshots.

rtx 3080 is connected via hdmi 2.0 to the TV, artifacts appeared. I turned off the TV and turned it on and the artifacts disappeared, the fur mark drove the temperature 75 gp stably keeps the artifacts until I see it anymore. If the video card is not working properly, would the artifacts not be repeated after turning off the TV?
The drivers are the latest, I did not indulge in overclocking.

The question is, is the problem in the video card, and should it be taken to the service, or could the problem be in the TV or a low-quality cable?

Here is a photo from the phone (screenshots do not display artifacts)

Spoiler
16 Comments
Sort by:
J
Just Name 05.10.22

Spoiler

J
Just Name 05.10.22

There is also a video
Spoiler

k
kurskiy 05.10.22

In general, it looks like a cable, but the best option is to connect it to another monitor / TV.

J
Just Name 05.10.22

kurskiy May I
ask why you think it looks like a cable? Doesn't the chip blade give out such artifacts in the form of vertical stripes?

k
kurskiy 05.10.22

Just-Name
No, there they are slightly different displayed and behave. And I assume that the cable - based on the video. It looks like the cable is broken or broken somewhere. But, of course, there can be no 100% certainty here.

J
Just Name 05.10.22

kurskiy
Yes, I myself think that strange artifacts, it’s strange that they disappear after the TV is turned on, I never noticed on the monitor through the DIs port (although there is full hd resolution) So think either in 4k the vidyuha starts to artifact, or really in the cable problem.

K
Kartonkratos 05.10.22

Just-Name
Well, if there is no such thing on the screenshots and screen capture video, then it's either the monitor itself or what do you have there? Or the cable! because if there was something with the video card... then everything would be visible on the screenshot!

J
Just Name 05.10.22

Kartonkratos wrote:
then everything would be visible on the screenshot!
Isn't it the other way around? I just read that just if the problem is hardware, then there will be no artifacts on the screenshots, but if it is software, then there will be

K
Kartonkratos 05.10.22

Just-Name
Look at the videos on YouTube, with chip dumps or video memory defects, then for some reason everything is visible on the video captured from the screen!

K
Kartonkratos 05.10.22

Just-Name
So calm down, everything is in order with the video card! and now worry that it was not the monitor that was damaged, but the cable.

J
Just Name 05.10.22

Kartonkratos
Thank you for the answer ;) But many of these videos were just shot on the phone... TV seems to work stably even when viewed in 4k... The problem started when I drove cyberpunk, turned it off and the artifacts remained, turned off the TV and disappeared. I continued to play on purpose for another hour, but I didn’t seem to notice anymore. It's all strange, But in general, if vidyuha give artifacts, will they be permanent? Or can appear periodically?

K
Kartonkratos 05.10.22

Just-Name
If the video card has taken off, then often they will appear constantly or after a while, until the video card has warmed up to a certain temperature! in games, for example, textures will be distorted and become multi-colored, shadows will flicker hard, etc., etc., and if the video memory flies, spots will appear, also of different colors, such as how the film burns out, well, in short, not like in your video! I also had similar glitches! when you often turn off the game or switch the hdmi cable from the monitor to the TV and back.

K
Kartonkratos 05.10.22

Just-Name
Here's one example of video card artifacts, the video was taken from a phone, but these artifacts would have been visible even in the screenshot and screen capture video! because they kind of physically affect the picture of the game!

J
Just Name 05.10.22

Kartonkratos
Many thanks to you for such a detailed answer! For being confused and wasting time! I will watch further, I will change the cable soon, I hope the problem will go away

K
Kartonkratos 05.10.22

Just-Name
By the way, to make sure that it's not the video card, download furmark and turn on 4K and msaa 8x in it, run for 10 minutes, even 5 minutes is enough! and if nothing flickers and is distorted, then everything is in order.

d
dsxcvf 05.10.22

Just-Name
the problem is 146 percent in the cable, the same thing was, Yugrinov bought zero problems.