3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
H
Hattack 07.10.22 10:22 am

Porting Steam Saves to GOG

Is there a way to transfer a save from the Steam version to the GOG version? The logical way to replace saves in folders is not an option.
Yes, there is an option to use the merger of accounts ... But in view of the reasons for the unavailability of the game (officially) in the RU region, it is also not suitable (
11 Comments
Sort by:
D
Denis Kyokushin 07.10.22

Hattack
If the game is licensed both there and there, then theoretically, saves may appear when the GOG version is launched. a new game in the GOG version, a folder with GOG saves will appear, and transfer the Steam ones there🤷‍♂️

T
TopPCGamer 07.10.22

Hattack
So you copied saves from the Steam version to the GoG location and they don't fit?

H
Hattack 07.10.22

TopPCGamer
That's right, of course, with the renaming of the save itself, since in GOG they have different identifiers. It should be noted that this works with repacks!

H
Hattack 07.10.22

Denis Kyokushin
As I already mentioned in the topic, I do NOT have a GOG License for this game, and I cannot use internal save porting. This game appeared on this platform after the Russophobic crap, and for this reason it can NOT be on my account.

D
Denis Kyokushin 07.10.22

Hattack Everything
should be very simple there: launch the GOG version, save. Find the folder with Goga's saves and throw your Steam files into it

H
Hattack 07.10.22

Denis Kyokushin
Not the case, unfortunately. There are just 350+ hours on Steam, that's why I wanted to transfer it. GOG's version to the heap, works smoother in raee.

P
Palych Rokov 07.10.22

Hattack
and where are the saves from the gog version?

H
Hattack 07.10.22

Palych Rokov
C:Users*****AppDataLocalWB GamesShadow of War

D
Denis Kyokushin 07.10.22

Hattack
And for 350+ hours the game is not passed???

H
Hattack 07.10.22

Denis Kyokushin
Not a plot...Fan / Grind / Farm /

D
Denis Kyokushin 09.10.22

Hattack
Well, so what is the result: did you save saves, or not?
350+ hours for fun/grind/farm - this is a wanker🤦‍♂️. I've been going through it for a hundred years