3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
f
fjx 09.10.22 01:42 pm

Unsupported screen mode after resolution change

I changed the resolution and now when I enter the game it says "non-optimal mode" what should I do?
60 Comments
Sort by:
a
aswdsdfgdsfg 09.10.22

no mods on console

F
Ferz777 09.10.22

When will Stevie text me about delivering the cars? Does anyone remember?? I'm already working for Francis))

c
ctnzyra 09.10.22

Sorry for the off topic but
explain to the noob how to find out what version of the game

C
CCCP MENER 09.10.22

noob

k
k1slim 09.10.22

ctnzyra Look in the properties of the executable (GTA IV.exe is in the root of the game)

C
Champion-HL 09.10.22

I have such a problem: the game starts for some reason in low resolution, 640x480, because of this the screen is black and doesn’t show shit. where it is, or some other solution to the problem.

R
RicoChico 09.10.22

In the commandline like permission can be registered.

C
Champion-HL 09.10.22

can you elaborate? what is the commandline

R
RicoChico 09.10.22

In the folder with the game, create a commandline TXT file and enter the desired values ​​in it.
-width
Sets the width of the viewport (800 by default)
-height
Sets the height of the viewport (600 by default)

C
Champion-HL 09.10.22

understood

R
RicoChico 09.10.22

Did it help?

C
Champion-HL 09.10.22

Yes.

D
DmitryGDR 09.10.22

I have the same thing (at first the monitor itself writes out "non-existent mode", rockstar loads at a shitty resolution, and then a black screen), I did as you said, there seems to be a change, but it doesn’t go beyond the black screen, everything worked before, and then bam -and that's it ....... yes, the download is going on, as it were, not much off center, maybe the aspect ratio is down? please help

k
k1slim 09.10.22

What computer configuration and what monitor?

D
DmitryGDR 09.10.22

That's it, I already decided it myself, I registered -safemode in the commandline (loading with minimal parameters), everything was the same at startup, but lo and behold! it worked! in the settings I already set high parameters (which were before), and now there are no problems ... thanks to everyone (I didn’t know what commandline was before)

D
Dear Life 09.10.22

Where can I change the screen resolution without opening the game?

g
gtaman 09.10.22

Delete the Settings.cfg file from Local/Rockstar Games/GTA IV/Settings.

D
Dear Life 09.10.22

GTAman
I found this way an hour after the post)))

a
a400 09.10.22

Guys I ask you please help me I swear I'll be a bastard if I'm lying to you for 3 days I didn't sleep looking for sites on YouTube how to fix the black screen well, the resolution when you enter the game GTA 4 1280 by 1024 how can I fix it I read here and did it as everyone wrote exactly did not work please help me remove this damn black screen with resolution

F
FJX SOS 09.10.22

Fjx
HELP PLEASE how did you do this?... by the way right now 2022)