3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
_
__hv__ 09.10.22 07:27 pm

Game Freezes and Unresponsive in Task Manager (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

The game crashes into a black (or white) screen and minimizes, the music is saved. You have to cut through the DZ. Occurs ALWAYS in combat at the moment, usually, of a fatal blow to the enemy.
I've tried changing the screen mode from fullscreen to windowed, but that doesn't help. Change graphics settings, disable too. GPU and CPU temperatures are normal.
At the moment, because of this, it is impossible to complete the quest in the elven dungeons with hunting hounds. Departures occur every time randomly at all portals, before that it was the same with the gargoyle.

Game Version 1.03
Windows 7 64bit
AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 B55
8GB OP
Radeon R9 285
9 Comments
Sort by:
A
AT_Sagor 09.10.22

It was the same badass. I made the shadows at a minimum, the time between freezes decreased, then a patch came out and they stopped altogether, but crashes appeared.

T
Timak9654 09.10.22

which patch?
1.03?

w
wiedzmin hg 09.10.22

Good evening everyone.
Let me know if anyone has come across. Played yesterday and everything was great. Today I'm suffering for half a day, reinstalling the game, downloading and trying the "folk" versions, nothing helps, but the problem is this. I start the game and nothing happens. Witcher3.exe hangs in the processes, shows the consumed memory of about half a gigabyte, and after a while the process is removed. Well, what kind of nonsense is it, you can’t normally play a really worthwhile game

A
AT_Sagor 09.10.22

Timchikovich
Yes, we are talking about patch 1.03.

_
__hv__ 09.10.22

Now I can’t say for sure, but it seems that the problems began precisely after the 3rd patch

S
ShadowOW 09.10.22

hv Give me five. The same bullshit. The game crashes at the moment of a critical hit or a fatal blow to the enemy. The music plays and the screen goes dark. CPU and GPU temperatures are normal. I replayed 70 times until I was lucky and didn’t crash) Now the same garbage when I fight with 3 witches is just awful. The game does not lag, I play at high settings, and the detail and quality of objects is forbidden. there are no lags. Tweaking the settings doesn't help. Drivers don't help. Tried downloading dll libraries, reinstalling DirectX, checking cache, sound drivers, chipset driver. Just a bug in the game itself. This time, they obviously screwed up with optimization .....
System: Win 7 64 bit
Game version 1.04
AMD FX 8350
8 GB OP
GPU AMD Radeon R9 285

_
__hv__ 09.10.22

ShadowOW
What's interesting is that regular sorties appear in story missions. Every time there is a long fight, you only think about the next checkpoint or the opportunity to save yourself.
I also noticed that if you have time to quickly minimize and kill the process, very often a message appears about the fall of the video driver, but not always. So maybe it's the video itself.
Let's see what happens after the patch.

C
Camper47 09.10.22

I also have R285 and a similar problem. Basically, crashes occur during boss battles and during battles with the participation of Ciri. It only helps to save as often as possible, try to run away and save during these episodes. So for 4-5 approaches are passed. Terribly infuriates, especially when you lie on the couch with a gamepad. It is necessary to get up and kill the process in the DZ. What's on 8.1, what's on 10 the problem is the same, what's on firewood 15.4, what's 15.5. I smoked an English-speaking Internet, they write there that the problem is only on gpu with tonga architecture, of which there are few. But the developers were informed, they promised on Twitter that they would fix it.

s
stone06 09.10.22

GTX 580, same crap. But mostly dialogue.