3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kyle_AMD 09.10.22 08:58 pm

Graphics card temperature (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Hello.
Became the owner of a red vidyuhi AMD recently, can you tell me: is a temperature of 85-90 degrees normal?
Thanks in advance!
21 Comments
Sort by:
B
Beirut 09.10.22

ok but i would change the thermal paste anyway

N
Neutrons 09.10.22

Kyle_AMD
no 50/60

A
Antoha 09.10.22

Kyle_AMD
I have r9 290 myself and the temperature is the same, so everything seems to be fine)

L
Lost DD 09.10.22

Yes, the temperature is normal.

B
Beirut 09.10.22

No Neytrons
, depending on which card AMD's reference graphics cards reach 94 °C
. NVIDIA's Turbo Boost temperatures rise to 83 °C.

W
WTFCK 09.10.22

It's too much. Such a temperature during severe stress tests is obtained mainly well, or when you unscrewed all sorts of smoothing on crises and the like)))
In general, it's better to lower the settings and keep the temperature lower (well, somewhere around 65-70 degrees). At 85-90, the card may not burn out, but I wouldn’t risk it - it will cost a lot)))

P
PhenomNV 09.10.22

For current Radeons, it is quite normal, because. wild power consumption.

S
Shadows3D 09.10.22

Kyle_AMD is
ok if you have doubts - read the reviews ( 290/290x - normal temperature is 80)

K
Kyle_AMD 09.10.22

At first I was tense, then I look at the tests with the witcher, it seems that everyone has around 85-90 degrees on everything beyond ...

N
Northern Sky 09.10.22

Kyle_AMD
The temperature is normal. But I recommend doing a series of actions (I cooled my r9 280x myself)
1) Reduce the voltage on the GPU. It will not affect performance, but the temperature will drop by 5-10 degrees. How to do undervolting - read on Google.
2) Reduce GPU frequencies - because. for 290x, the witcher does not need the full frequency for this card.
3) Set a lock on fps. Around 45 will be the most.
The card will be cold. On mine, after these manipulations, there is no higher than 80 in any application. If you need help pointwise - write in a personal, I will give a couple of specific tips there.

K
Kyle_AMD 09.10.22

NorthernSky
Thank you, I'll try to fool around :)

S
Sprinting 09.10.22

hmm I have 57 degrees and does not rise. Well, for Radeons, maybe the norm.

j
joker.2 09.10.22

for 970 palette reference, max. temperature in The Witcher 68gr.

N
Northern Sky 09.10.22

joker.2
Question about the AMD card. Did you fucking get out with yours? Is it logical to assume that TC is interested in the temperatures of AMD cards, and not NVIDIA?

j
joker.2 09.10.22

NorthernSky
To take green cards)
I'm kidding, I didn't look at it a little really.

R
Renox 09.10.22

Kyle_AMD
Well, if you consider that 100 is the critical temperature of almost all video cards and you will catch throttling, and even at 120-140 degrees, the chip from the motherboard tectostolite may fall off due to the fact that the lead (or without) substrate will melt - then not really. The normal temperature for a non-overclocked card, especially a new one, is 70-75 degrees

A
Alexander Becker 09.10.22

Buy AMD and be surprised by high temperatures?
In addition, the R9 290X itself is hot, the reference heats up to 94 ° C.
It's good when the card does not even exceed 60 ° C in heavy loads, like mine.

b
bloomm 09.10.22

Beirut
And how will this help the referance except for the loss of the guarantee?

B
Beirut 09.10.22

bloomm
usually has crappy thermal paste there, plus over time the fasteners will weaken, for one thing they will tighten it up.
loss of warranty??? I guess you think that telepaths are sitting in the warranty????
If there are no chips or buns on the card, tin with a finger from soldering, then they will change it without question

b
bloomm 09.10.22

Beirut
No, I think normal people are sitting there and you don't know about seals on bolts.