3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
g
gin_1995 09.10.22 09:06 pm

Problems with lighting and constant flickering of "artifacts". (The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)

Guys, good afternoon.
In general, such a problem, I play Skyrim for about a month or two, initially I played without any mods, but there were still graphic problems. Basically, it was expressed only by a bunch of different "artifacts" and flickering. Then I was advised to put a mod on convenient inventory, which is launched through a separate launcher skse_loader.exe, then glitches began with the disappearance of either things that turned into invis, or the tables on which they were turned into invis. There is also a mission where it is necessary to set up a large observatory for a college of magicians, it seems, so there the "artifacts" were multi-colored thick stripes similar to a rainbow. And now, lately, everything has become in these flickers and "artifacts", I turn to the snow and it starts, I went into a cave or a building, the same thing!

Please, comrades, please help! I really liked the toy, I want to go through it normally, and these glitches are already quite annoying.
20 Comments
Sort by:
H
Heksenpay 09.10.22

gin_1995
artifacts come out due to overheating of the video card chip, detachment of the GPU contacts from the board, put the best cooling and clean your computer.
There are 2 types of artifacts hardware and software. Depending on the type, there will be a solution to the problem. If you overclocked the vidyuhi and did it wrong, then you don’t have a program.

n
nestrbob 09.10.22

gin_1995
Deal with your iron and firewood.

g
gin_1995 09.10.22

nazhdachka Obana
! Even so. Hmm... well, my hardware is 5 years old, it's a radeon 5770 HD. I have never had any complaints about it during my use. The only game in which I also had artifacts was DayZ, where he crawled out on clips for the glock. And here it is everywhere, with fog when loading, with blood on weapons, etc. Damn, it's a shame, of course, if this is iron all the same, because before the summer I was not going to change anything. And I cleaned the computer when I installed the updated screws. It's only been a month, I think it's not worth sinning for cleanliness. I have never done overclocking in my life, because I don’t see the point, because. for example, BF 4 goes at a minimum without friezes, and I don’t need more for the game especially. And here, as soon as I did not change these settings, everything is useless.
nestrbob
I updated all firewood and directX.

H
Heksenpay 09.10.22

gin_1995
Yes, it's a shame, but still, 5 years is taking its toll, sooner or later something had to come out

M
M0f 09.10.22

What is invis?

I
Ifsuul Lokiv 09.10.22

M0f
Invisibility

g
gin_1995 09.10.22

nazhdachka
Okay, so we'll be patient for now. And then enjoy when we replay again! Although my first pieces of iron lasted 13 years, and the last game they pulled was MW first. And then another five or six years of one counter, because. without friezes and lags on dX8.1 she was. Thanks for the help!

H
Heksenpay 09.10.22

gin_1995
for nothing

V
Vikki_vik 09.10.22

gin_1995
In this case, all of the above comments are not correct. With vidyuhi everything is fine with you and I do not observe overheating. (For everyone who will prove otherwise, please, facts, empty chatter is not respected, since my computer is new and all games work fine, but there are also these bugs).
Flickering textures, all sorts of black cubes when launching Skyrim under DirectX 9, bugs with water transparency (under water), shadow bugs, lighting bugs and other similar bugs are more likely bugs in the TESV.exe launcher application.
Flickering may be due to the installed high-resolution textures and the settings in the launcher set to minimum or low graphics settings.
The disappearance of things that go into invisibility is more likely again the graphics settings, the parameter for displaying the range and the number of static models. How to be treated is not yet clear. Since this occurs even at full settings, the mod is more likely to affect which thread. This is a fairly common bug that occurs even on the license. There was a problem when you kill a hawk and it disappears, but after changing the draw distance settings, the bug disappeared. So do not listen to pseudo-fans of modernization of a computer.

And people advice, before giving advice, think! Will you follow your advice?

B
Brannan 09.10.22

Vikki_vik Good
words.

Regarding hardware in general:

Don't listen to advice about upgrading hardware. About the fact that it is morally old. If the hardware (video card) copes with this load well, then it (she) will cope with it.

I'll try to say a few words about what could be and how it can be solved.

An important question: do other games have similar remarks?

Software Artifacts:
Problems can sit anywhere, from the game itself to third-party programs and drivers.
* Play around with the settings: pay attention to the settings of tessellation, shadows, anti-aliasing, filtering - additional manipulations with textures and pixels may work out incorrectly.
* Reinstall the game without any mods
* Update DX, Net.Framework, MS C++ libraries
* Install new drivers or vice versa old ones (there is a case when World of Tanks with a certain version of Nvidia drivers does not work)
* See if Radeon has driver fixes for Skyrim. (Rage didn't run on Radeon until AMD released a new video driver for Rage)

Hardware Artifacts
It's all about the hardware, it's mostly about the graphics card.
* CPU heating to a critical state: artifacts may appear here, but this should appear after some time of the game. Clean from dust, try to lubricate the fan. If you are confident, change the thermal paste (you need to apply a very thin and even layer).
* The elements on the power line of the video card burned out. If there is additional power, then when the video card switches to a productive level, it starts to be powered additionally, and here artifacts may appear due to signal disruption. When there are no artifacts on the desktop because no additional power is being used.
Start the game, play a little, observe the artifacts, then touch the elements, mostly capacitors - if at least one is hot, which is hard to endure, it means it burned out.
(I had a situation with the GeForce 7300GT: one of the 2 capacitors on the auxiliary power line burned out. There were artifacts in all games and sometimes on the desktop. I soldered a new capacitor and the problem was solved)
* Overheating of the video processor: if it overheated once and "staggered", then it can not be returned back. At least clean the video card, at least change the cooling ... Replacing the video card is the only way out.
(This is how 2 video cards burned out on my memory: Radeon X1800XT and GeForce 8600GT. I cleaned and changed thermal paste, there were always artifacts: Radeon on the desktop and in games, GeForce when the BIOS was started, no further loading)

Perhaps there are some other then the reasons.

g
gin_1995 09.10.22

Vikki_vik
With the settings, I have already tried all the combinations, I have somewhere averaged over all the parameters, it produces 60fps calmly, and only sometimes freezes with a large amount of fire. Drawing, as far as I remember, I have everything to the maximum, except for grass, I don’t like grass, so I turned it off right away. I have a license, and these bugs are everywhere on it! Of the mods, there is only a mod for convenient inventory. I saw it with a friend and he told me. I put everything right, installed a special script garbage, then this mod on it. Everything I did. But the comrade's graph looked completely different, I even initially thought that he was playing Oblivion.
Brannan
In other games, I do not notice this, as it was said above, it was found only in dayz, but there it is a software bug, because I was not the only one who had it. I'm just looking and sometimes go nuts, ie. I get a yellow fog when loading, shimmering into white and back, also when loading, the cat's hair disappears, the glare is different. Then in the game itself there are wild artifacts en mist, especially in the mountains. Blood constantly flickers on the weapon. And when I went through a mission with setting up an observatory for a college of magicians, I was completely freaked out, when I entered this room and looked at the ball, I just started to see translucent cubes distributed by the colors of the rainbow and in a semicircle. So I have a lot of these bugs in Skyrim, maybe there really is a permission problem, because. I play at 1680x1050. I will try to update all libraries as you said, and fixes for this series of video cards. Maybe there really is something. And now it's not very convenient for me to climb into the case and check the quality of the video card, there are some spatial problems.
Thanks for the great advice, now I'll deal with all this.

B
Brannan 09.10.22

gin_1995

If artifacts are found only in Skyrim, when other games are working normally, this is 100% not overheating of the video card and not failure of its elements. The problem is in the software part. Perhaps some individual intolerance to the game :-)
(Case: Risen 1 on the GeForce GTS 250 slows down quite a lot even on medium ones - only the norms work at a minimum, firewood and patches did not solve the problem. On the same computer configuration with GeForce GTS 450 video cards (the same power, like the GTS 250, only DX11) and GeForce GT 630 (Weaker than the GTS 250) the game works at max without any complaints)

"1680x1050" - wide format, large monitor, high resolution and a lot of words ...
Enable vertical sync - the first thing to do. It is designed to eliminate the "tearing" of the picture when scanning at high resolutions, as well as to eliminate the "artifacts" that appear due to the gap ...
Did it help?
Change the resolution to 1600x900 and 1280x720.

Try the unofficial patch
http://www.playground.ru/files/tes_5_skyrim_unofficial_skyrim_patch_v2_0_8a-87566/
- Script fixes -
- Model and texture fixes -
- Fixes for the location/location/belongings of world objects
(Carefully read the instructions)

Here are some more solutions to help you problems:
(I can not guarantee the subsequent performance of the game)

Periodically, the game slows down:
1) During the game, open the task manager (ctrl + alt + del )
2) Find Skyrim.exe in the processes tab
3) Right-click on it and go to the "Priority" drop-down menu
4) Set high / real time

Some graphic effects are missing.
1) Download the AntiFREEZE patch http://enbdev.com/enbseries_skyrim_v0096patch9antifreeze.zip
2) Files from the downloaded archive, you need to extract the files from the archive to the game folder ( C:Program Files (x86)Steamsteamappscommonskyrim )
After installation it will be necessary to restart the game through the launcher in order for the
settings to be automatically reinitialized. Then they can be changed.

Background flicker.
- find and open (with a text editor) Skyrim.ini, which is located in the same folder as your game saves;
- find the next block and add a parameter to it:

[Display]
fNearDistance=25.0000

Close the document, saving changes.
Open SkyrimPrefs.ini, find the following blocks and edit the settings according to the values ​​below:

[MAIN]
fSkyCellRefFadeDistance=500000.0000

[TerrainManager]
fBlockMaximumDistance=
500000.0000 fBlockLevel1Distance=1400000.0000
fBlockLevel0Distance=75000.0 -
ultm

-------------------------

As I understand it, the problem with artifacts on the Radeon is always and everywhere.
Try this:
Reinstall the drivers by doing a "clean install" - use the total driver removal program http://radeon.ru/downloads/utils/ddu/
The newest version of the 14.12 Omega driver. Download from office. site http://www.amd.com/ru-ru (I don't know your system, I can't give a link)
Didn't help? perform a "clean" installation of Catalyst 12.11 Beta 8 drivers for Win Vista/7/8 - http://files.radeon.ru/drivers/amd/beta/AMD_Catalyst_12.11_Beta8_NET4.exe
Catalyst 12.9 Beta for Win XP - http:// files.radeon.ru/drivers/amd/beta/amd_catalyst_12.9_beta_xp.exe
(I read that these versions fixed "artifact" problems in Skyrim)

There is ATI's ModeMaker utility (program for setting non-standard monitor resolutions and solving problems with refresh) - http://radeon.ru/tools/modemaker.zip

------------------- ---------------

Reinstall the game without mods. Then reset the save so as not to lose the gameplay.
Better yet, reinstall and run. If the problem is gone, quit the save, then the mod, and so on.
After uninstalling the game, delete the root folder of the game (some files may remain) and restart your computer.

B
Brannan 09.10.22

Is the problem solved or not?

g
gin_1995 09.10.22

Brannan
Well, how to say, sort of yes, sort of no. Because rare "artifacts" still remained in the fog, on fire in the caves, and in some moments in the light.
In general, what I did:
- at first I decided to look for other textures, I don’t remember, maybe even you advised or I stumbled upon them myself. Found textures in HD "Skyrim_HD-2K_Textures", downloaded, installed. True, far from everything there turned out to be in high resolution, but even at that time it got a little better, such an abundance of "artifacts" and graphic bugs disappeared, but still it was not ideal.
- later, about two or three days ago, I got my hands on your advice. I did everything except the drivers for the video card, tk. bf4 constantly swears at outdated drivers, and I did not bother with them. I did everything at once, i.e. downloaded the unofficial patch, installed. Then I ruled the files in the save directory. It has become even better, i.e. the light began to behave more or less normally, at first I didn’t even recognize the game. All things fell into place, but still, in a rare case, but they pass into invisibility. There were only small freezes when moving through locations, but this is nonsense. "Artifacts" remained only on fire in rare caves, and everything seems to be on the surface, I can't even remember now.
In general, the problem is solved, thanks to everyone who helped!
But in the meantime, Skyrim has come to an end, Alduin is gone, the secondary ones are already ending. But the good thing is, I know how to make it quality from the very beginning.

B
Brannan 09.10.22

gin_1995
I'm glad I helped. I didn’t even think about new textures (but these are two sides of the same coin).

r
roman771 09.10.22

The same problem appeared after installing 14.12 omega. The rollback of firewood helped, for September 2013. The artifacts completely disappeared. So it looks like the problem is in the new drivers.

B
Brannan 09.10.22

gin_1995
roman771
Some information about Skyrim and AMD:
Now there is a beta driver for AMD video cards - 15.3. Description:
SpoilerCompatible Operating Systems

The latest version of the AMD Catalystâ„¢ Software Suite, AMD Catalystâ„¢ 15.3 Beta is designed to support the following Microsoft Windows platforms:
Windows 8.1 (32 & 64-bit version)
Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit version ) with SP1 or higher)

Highlights of AMD Catalystâ„¢ 15.3 Beta Windows Driver

AMD Freesyncâ„¢ Support for single GPU product configurations
AMD Freesync technology support is now available for single GPU configurations. For more information on how Freesync works, FAQ's and what products are currently supported, please visit the Freesync Technology Page

Mixed Rotation Eyefinity now available on Radeonâ„¢ R9 285 series
AMD Radeonâ„¢ R9 285 now supports Mixed Rotation Eyefinity for "0" and "90 " degrees rotations
More information on setup, configuration and support for this feature is available at the following link:

New Crossfire Profiles for:
Battlefield Hardline
Evolve
Far Cry 4
Lords of the Fallen
Project Cars
Total War: Attila

Crossfire Profile Updates for :
Alien Isolation
Assassin's Creed Unity
Civilization - Beyond Earth
FIFA 2015
Grid Autosport
Ryse: Son of Rome
Talos Principle
The Crew

Important Note:

The AMD CrossFireâ„¢ profile for Dying Light is currently disabled in this driver while AMD works with Techland to investigate an issue where AMD CrossFire configurations are not performing as intended. An update is expected on this issue in the near future through an updated game patch or an AMD driver posting.

Resolved Issues:
[412702] Screens may blank out when enabling a 3x1 SLS with 3 HDMI monitors
[411847] Leadwerks : Project Manager crashes with a "Pure Virtual Function Call" error
[413076] Second Life : Rigged mesh objects are not rendered correctly when hardware skinning is enabled in the in game settings
[413392] Star Trek Online : Block corruption is experienced when MSAA is enabled in the in game settings
[410367] System hangs/BSOD upon resuming from S3/S4 sleep on AMD Radeonâ„¢ R9 285 configured in AMD CrossFireâ„¢ mode
[410293] With AMD CrossFireâ„¢ enabled, Timeout Detection Recovery (TDR) occurs during actual gameplay when YouTube Mix moves to the next song in Firefox
[407622 ] Screen tearing on enabling VSync with Alien: Isolation game
[407175] Catalyst Control Center Video Quality settings may not be available or retained if the "Enforce Smooth Video Playback" option is not selected on some AMD HD series GPU's.
[410391] Primary display may not be retained after disabling Crossfire while in Eyefinity mode
[409705] Enabling or disabling Crossfire may lead to one side of the 4K MST display being shown as black
[410393] Minor stuttering may be seen in Dragon Age Inquisition on
[ 414660] Total War : Attilla - The game may hang during in game cinematics on certain Kaveri platforms with a separate discrete GPU
[414120] The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim : Fog / Clouds may flicker on Radeon HD 5800 series products

Known Issues:
[414653] Lord of Fallen : Flickering may be observed during gameplay on some 3D monitors
[414771] FIFA 2015 : On a limited number of AMD APU + AMD GPU configurations a crash may be experienced if the "No Limit on FPS" game option is enabled
[414752] Dragon Age inquisition : Random game crashes may be experienced in Mantle mode
[414583] The Catalyst Control Center may hang when using the 'Check for Updates" option
[414468] Battlefield 4 : Screen tearing / Stutter may be experienced in Three way Crossfire setup in Eyefinity mode
[410398] A black screen may be experienced when attempting to enable Eyefinity after changing the display mode (Portrait,Landscape)
[406495] Pull down detection fails to lock in Metro Video playback applications
[410255] A system restart or hang may be observed on sleep/resume while transcoding video with Media Espresso
[416109] Battlefield Hardline : Changing resolution from low to high and enabling Vsync may result in intermittent corruption and stutter. Restarting the game is a temporary solution to the problem
[414713] Some 5K displays may experience flickering on some AMD E-Series APU's
[414620] Frame drops may be experienced with Blu-Ray playback on certain AMD Kaveri APU's when connected to 5K displays
[ 415920] Total War: Attila - The game may randomly restart when first launched
[410336] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Intermittent flickering may be observed when accessing the in game menu
[416363] Battlefield Hardline: The game may crash when launched on R9 285 series products with Crossfire and Mantle enabled
[416302] Battlefield Hardline: The game may crash on first launch when in High Performance mode
[416442] Freesync does not work after hotplugging the display with Windows Aero (DWM) off
A temporary workaround is toggle Windows Aero on/off or by restarting Windows
[416441] Freesync is not enabled in Diablo III unless Vsync is enabled in the game
A temporary workaround is to enable Vsync in the game

AMD Issue Reporting Form

This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.
In the description on the Skyrim theme, there are two lines:
Resolved Issues:
[414120] The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim : Fog / Clouds may flicker on Radeon HD 5800 series products
Known Issues:
[410336] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Intermittent flickering may be observed when accessing the in game menu
_________
Resolved Issues:
The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim : Fog/cloud flickering on Radeon HD 5800 series cards
Known Issues: (being resolved)
The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim : Possible brief flickering in game menus.

Perhaps the new driver will be able to solve some visual problems with flickering ... And there will be nothing to "roll back" in order to play BF4 and other games. The new driver also improves the performance of other games on Radeons.

g
gin_1995 09.10.22

Brannan
Oh, this information is encouraging. Thank you!

B
Brannan 09.10.22

Sipogka
shadows misbehave, in the city and in the forest they constantly run up from above, sometimes they flicker, but in the field, for example, everything is fine. Vidyaha radeon 2900xt is therefore the latest driver 13.9

1. Install Fix No Flick Pulse - removes constant flickering of lighting / shadows

http://dl76.softportalwcc.name/?page=lending&tr ans=1&key=fix+no+flick+pulse+skyrim

- for all light sources the type from flicker/flickerslow/pulse is set to none, - the duration of
use for torch

2 is much longer. .

fShadowBiasScale=0.6 (or higher, 1.5, for example)

- will slightly correct most of the "striped" shadows on the ground, walls and stones, as if appearing when approaching in external locations.

After making changes to the skyrim.ini file, be sure to execute the refreshini console command in the main menu when loading the game to apply the changed settings in the game, and only then load the save. ( console is called ~ )

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx
- beta driver for AMD video cards, which I wrote about above, only the version is not 15.3, but 15.5.
Fixes flickering issues in Skyrim Also fixes issues
in Battlefield 4 and Battlefield: Hardline
Increases performance in GTA 5 and The Witcher 3

You can also experiment with older beta drivers (links are in the posts above) problems on ATI (AMD) video cards http://www.playground.ru/files/tes_5_skyrim_ispravlenie_dlya_videokart_ot_amd_ati-53759/ and just in case "Performance improvement"

http://www.playground.ru/files/skyrim_-_povishenie_proizvoditelnosti-54292/

S
Sipogka 09.10.22

There was a problem with the display of shadows In the city, in the forest, for example, shadows were displayed on the entire screen, flickering and stripes appeared, reinstalling the game did not help, all settings were tried, the latest driver for Radeon 2900xt 13.9 was downloaded, I could not install a later driver version

Helped here is the fix
http://www.playground.ru/files/tes_5_skyrim_ispravlenie_dlya_videokart_ot_amd_ati-53759/
Many thanks to Brannan for the help